have 315 unread messages

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by catherine lappin, Jul 2, 2005.

  1. 142692 not downloaded
    HELP

    catherine lappin, Jul 2, 2005

  2. catherine lappin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Click on Tools, Options, Read tab, uncheck the "Get 300 headers at a time"
    box under News.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2005

  3. 1. Download them.

    2. Read them.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2005
  4. catherine lappin

    Pennywise Guest

    |>142692 not downloaded
    |>HELP

    You going to read all those?

    Somewhere in your menu options is a function called something like:
    "catch up with selected group(s)" select it, it will zero out the
    messages and allow you to START with no messages.

    Pennywise, Jul 2, 2005
  5. catherine lappin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    She uses OE: right click on the newsgroup name in the folder list - "Catch
    up" is in that menu.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2005
  6. catherine lappin

    unwashed Guest

    "catherine deleted" <your default tesco.net email account was here!!!!>
    wrote in message
    Hey Cathy,
    Alas the web is trashy, and usenet can be very wicked.
    In all innocence you posted with your own full name
    and more worryingly your main/default ISP supplied
    email account. (I've edited the details above).
    There are "bots" that automatically scour the web for
    such details and use for very devious purposes.
    For any future posts to usenet, open a web-based
    email account for replies, such as yahoo or hotmail.
    You are using Outlook express as your news client:
    Click on Tools/Accounts
    Then click on the "News" tab
    Click once to High-light your news account
    then click on the "Properties" button.
    Remove your name and replace with a nic for
    posting on usenet.
    Remove your genuine email address details,
    and replace with a yahoo or hotmail email addy.

    unwashed, Jul 2, 2005
  7. catherine lappin

    Duane Arnold Guest

    K-Thing is your friend. You have set that thing loose. If you look in the
    threads, you'll see that insane maniac loon is in full bloom in all her
    glory. <g>

    Duane Arnold, Jul 3, 2005
  8. catherine lappin

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jul 3, 2005
  9. catherine lappin

    Duane Arnold Guest

    <snip>

    The OP is mistaken if the OP thinks K-Loon has slowed down. One would have
    to dance with the Devil in the pale Moon light.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 3, 2005
  10. catherine lappin

    Fred is back Guest

    What do you and your friends like to do?
    Illogical, given that it refers to your excuse.
    Some people say I'm crazy. Can you believe that?

    Fred is back, Jul 4, 2005
  11. catherine lappin

    M.L. Guest

    Or just use as your email address if you don't mind not
    receiving email replies.

    M.L., Jul 8, 2005
  12. catherine lappin

    samuel Guest