    card with windows 7?
    Which one do you use - what are the pros & cons?
    Thank you

    Martin ©¿©¬ somewhere, Oct 31, 2010

  2. Martin ©¿©¬ somewhere

    thanatoid Guest

    Martin ©¿©¬ wrote in

    Most of these cheap capture/tuner cards are about the same,
    possibly to the extent of using the same chip - I have seen
    identical layout on several different brands' models.

    It should work fine, I have read good things about this brand
    over many years - I /have/ read a lot of /bad/ things about
    Pinnacle, which remains a major seller nonetheless.

    If you want REALLY good analog capture, you need to get a
    Canopus. It will cost you but it's worth it. The Hauppauge
    (etc.) is fine for transferring old VHS tapes, or lo-q stuff for
    webshit use.

    Unless you intended to watch TV on your computer I would get the
    model without the tuner.

    I will refrain from stating my opinion about digital HDTV,
    whether on a big flat TV or on a medium size flat computer
    "monitor".

    IMHO, if you intend to watch /any/ format TV on your computer
    you have problems. If you want to watch TV from around the world
    you still have problems, but at least you are aware of other
    countries' existence. And you do not need any extra hardware to
    watch TV from around the world.

    For a variety of other opinions, ask in a video newsgroup.

    thanatoid, Nov 1, 2010

  3. Thank you thanatoid
    --
    Regards