    My mouse pointer has taken it upon itself, to scuttle to the other side of
    the screen at any time it fancies, with no help from me!!
    How Bizzare!!

    Hellsbells, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Hellsbells

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Hellsbells said:
    Is it battery operated?
    The batteries probably need replacing.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Hellsbells

    Patch Guest

    Patch, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Hellsbells

    °Mike° Guest

    Does it just scuttle across the screen and stay there, or does
    it move away from icons if you try to click on them. Is the
    mouse controllable normally?

    °Mike°, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Hellsbells

    Gitano Guest

    Hellsbells came up with this:

    I'm NOT kidding here!

    I had a fancy mouse once, it was transparant so you could see the little
    circuitry board (as well as other components) inside. Sometimes, whem
    just doing nothing the mouse cursur moved either vertically or
    horizontally on my screen. It took me some time to find out the mouse
    itself was the culprit. It was an optical mouse with a transparant cover.
    The rays of the sun did the rest. See? When I had my hand on the mouse NO
    strange things happened because the sunrays were blocked. As soon as I
    took my hand away, in some circomstances, the cursor would start moving
    randomly. I dumped the mouse.

    HTH

    Gitano, Aug 7, 2003
  6. Hellsbells

    trout Guest

    Could be a symptom of a virus/trojan/'joke' program.
    Do you regularly run anti-virus/spy programs?

    trout, Aug 8, 2003
  7. Hellsbells

    ÆnÎGmà Guest

    Do you have a cat?
    It could be stalking the Mouse.
    Just a thought

    ÆnÎGmÃ, Aug 8, 2003
  8. Hellsbells

    trout Guest

    My mouse doesn't have a problem.

    trout, Aug 8, 2003
  9. Hellsbells

    Melv Guest

    Mine does this too from time to time.

    Melv, Aug 8, 2003
  10. On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:55:41 +0100, While I was using pressure to stop the
    Perhaps I am asking the obvious, but have you tried a different mouse?

    Bill Schowengerdt, Aug 8, 2003