    DNG will be the DIGITAL-MODUL-R, a digital back for Leica's 35mm SLRs.
    Adobe's DNG format has been developed to help draw together a standard for
    the various Raw digital camera file formats.

    C Wright, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Well...I have shown signs of denseness before...but I hadn't considered
    building cameras that created and exported DNG. It makes sense for the
    better cameras where it can be assumed that the users have Photoshop. Do
    less expensive programs support DNG yet? Could this be the future where
    cameras no longer create JPG? Most shooters don't know quality and don't
    care. But it would be ok if there were no other choices.

    "C Wright" <wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com> wrote in message
    > According to Adobe's announcement, below, Leica and Hasselblad are
    > apparently going to support Adobe's DNG format. While not the two biggest
    > camera companies in the world they both have a reputation for producing

    some
    > quality equipment so the announcement is at least of some interest.
    > Chuck
    >

    > Adobe Systems Inc. on Tuesday announced that Hasselblad and Leica Camera

    AG
    > have committed to support Adobe's Digital Negative (DNG) specification.
    > Hasselblad will allow export to the DNG format and Leica plans to include
    > native support in their new camera models. The first Leica model to

    support

    Gene Palmiter, Mar 9, 2005