    Full Name: Guest

    I need it to listen to my local radio station, and need to know that.

    TIA

    Full Name:, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Full Name:

    John Larger Guest

    Do you really think MS, home of the upcoming digital rights management
    debacle, would stop playing big brother?

    AFAIK, WMP7 was the last version that didn't report to big brother.

    John Larger, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Full Name:

    Leythos Guest

    I think they still provide transistor radio's at stores around the
    globe.

    If you are listening to radio at work using streaming audio you a
    wasting company resources and making the network slower for all those
    you work with.

    Leythos, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Full Name:

    Kevin Guest

    You can't listen using what we used to call a "radio"?

    Kevin, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Full Name:

    sponge Guest

    Actually, WMP7 seemed to be worse than 9. It phoned home, and, worse,
    kept a log file of everything played called wmplibrary_v_012.db. Now
    either they've moved the file somewhere harder to find or onto their
    end.

    Sponge
    Sponge's Secure Solutions
    www.geocities.com/yosponge
    My new email: yosponge2 att yahoo dott com

    sponge, Dec 8, 2003
  6. Full Name:

    Peter James Guest

    I attempted to remove WinMPlayer using Control
    Panel>AddRemoverProgrammes. This generated a report to the effect
    that removing WinMP would cause a long list of programmes to cease
    working. These included Kerio firewall, DNSKong, eDexter, Adaware,
    Spybot, my installed scanner and many others. What give here. Can
    anyone tell me?

    Peter James, Dec 9, 2003
  7. Full Name:

    Mark Guest

    Apparently they also had something called 'music' written and played by
    'musicians' then too. These days it's all cover versions of old tracks,
    pretending to be new and with it.. eeeeee when I were a lad... :)

    Mark, Dec 11, 2003