Has SecurStar been compromised?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Kevin OClassen, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Has SecurStar been compromised? My guess is "YES"!

    I purchased a SecurSurf account a while back, though I rarerly used it,
    mostly for surfing sites from the Middle East without inviting a visit from
    the JBGTs.

    However, a few weeks back, it simply stopped working.

    Then it started again -- but with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SET of encryption
    keys. SecurStar won't respond to the question about the server having been
    compromised, and the level of their customer service seems to have changed--
    no responses, responses that are non sequiter, evasive, and so on.
    "Technicians" that seem to know nothing about security, SecurStar's
    products, or the actions of the company over the last year.

    The change in keys and SecuStar's refusal to respond to questions aboput the
    security of their system make me very suspicious. Maybe I just ran into a
    string of morons who *aren't* affiliated with LEA, but for safety sake I
    have to assume they are, and SecurStar has been compromised.

    Null

    Kevin OClassen, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Kevin OClassen

    Melic Guest

    > Then it started again -- but with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SET of encryption
    > keys. SecurStar won't respond to the question about the server having
    > been compromised,

    I hope you did not ask them if they have been compromised because thats
    a pretty lame question, if they have they will be under some gagging
    order banning them from telling you.

    But you are just speculating, they may have changed the keys to improve
    their security or because some dozen more of possible reasons.

    > no responses, responses that are non sequiter, evasive, and so on.

    any over the last year.

    This level of customer service is disgusting I would ditch any service that
    does not reply to customer emails, not because they are unsafe but because
    the day you have some serious problems you are on your own,no need to pay
    for that.

    > Maybe I just ran into a
    > string of morons who *aren't* affiliated with LEA,

    Speculation, but all you know is that they changed their encryption keys
    and do not reply to emails.Maybe you are right, maybe not.

    You may find some information in privacy.li forums as SecurStar are simply
    resellers, it is probable that if they changed the encryption keys they
    also
    did for all privacy.li servers.

    Melic, Oct 4, 2006