    quality?

    Thanks,

    John

    John Ortt, Nov 28, 2005

  2. John Ortt

    dylan Guest

    dylan, Nov 28, 2005

  3. John Ortt

    Skip M Guest

    http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/lens/f_lens.html

    Dates to 1990, in the 3.5-4.5 iteration, the f4 version dates back to 1987,
    apparently one of the first EF mount lenses.

    Skip M, Nov 28, 2005
  4. John Ortt

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "John Ortt"
    I was naive enough to buy one (used) for my 10D, unfortunately. Thank
    god I got it very cheap.
    It's crap. Don't waste your money. If I were more sadistic, I'd give it
    away. Instead, I'm planning on pulling it apart to use as a base for
    some experiments I'm planning.

    Lionel, Nov 29, 2005
  5. John Ortt

    Leonard Guest

    http://xs57.xs.to/pics/05483/hiding.jpg

    100% crop of 350D image at ISO 400
    210mm, f4.5, 1/180 handheld

    Wide open at the long end like that is the lens at its worst;
    unfortunately that's how I usually want to use it...

    This one is at ISO 100, 85mm, f5.6, 1/180:
    http://xs57.xs.to/pics/05483/percy.jpg

    In favour of the 70-210: USM and rear focussing make for really
    nippy AF; it isn't white; it's cheap as chips (about the same
    price as 50/1.8 MkI last time I looked); with a 350D attached it
    fits in a jacket pocket.

    - Len

    Leonard, Nov 30, 2005