    I can burn the same video to a single layer disc if I use less quality
    so it fits.

    John

    John, Nov 18, 2005

  2. John

    SBFan2000 Guest

    Yes, just burnt two DL discs today with my Pioneer DVR-108.

    SBFan2000, Nov 18, 2005

  3. John

    Fakename Guest

    Had a pioneer single layer burner, which died. Got warranty-replaced
    with an LG double layer burner.

    Never buying a pioneer device again.

    Fakename, Nov 20, 2005
  4. John

    RegTheDonk Guest

    Hi John and others....I have a similar question:

    Currently, we burn onto single layered DVD-Rs without any problems,
    using Nero, DVDit or Pinicle Impression. We've had NO probs whatsoever
    and anything we burn has been compatible on every stand alone DVD
    player we've encountered.

    However, we've got a project that is very big and its either have a
    two-disk programme or reduce the compression quality. Neither is
    really an option - the heavy compressed quality is unnacceptable, and
    we don't want to span over more than one disk.

    We made an acceptable file that was about 7.5gb big and burned it onto
    a DVD+R (our burner can do double layered + disks). However, it won't
    play on any standard DVD player. We thought about investing in a DVD-R
    dual layered burner, and noticed that this Pioneer drive could possibly
    be the answer. But before we spent the money on the drive and a load
    of DVD-R dual layer disks, we need to be sure that its going to work!

    Any thoughts guys? Any advice would be very welcome :)

    All the best,

    Reg.

    RegTheDonk, Nov 20, 2005
  5. John

    SBFan2000 Guest

    You didn't say what drive you were looking at but my DVR-108 is burning DL
    fine and I just ordered a DVR-110 that is DL capable. I assume it will work
    at least as good if not better than my Pioneer.

    SBFan2000, Nov 20, 2005
  6. John

    SBFan2000 Guest

    Thats certainly your choice, but if it were me I would realize how nice it
    was that they replaced it with a DL drive. After all every company occasion
    puts out a device with a problem. They could have just replaced it with the
    same type remanufactured drive.

    SBFan2000, Nov 20, 2005
  7. John

    Large Farva Guest

    Yep, I've got 6 of them (109's)...not a single problem with dual layer
    burning.

    Large Farva, Nov 20, 2005
  8. John

    Large Farva Guest

    It probably won't work. Nothing to do with the Pioneer...it's the fault of
    standalone players that don't support dual layer media.

    Large Farva, Nov 20, 2005
  9. John

    Fakename Guest

    It wasn't nice. It was an "on the spot" replace or upgrade warranty I
    paid extra for when I bought the unit.

    Fakename, Nov 21, 2005
  10. John

    SBFan2000 Guest

    oh, the way it sounded is that they just upgraded you for no reason.
    Western Digital did that for me when a drive went bad. They replaced a
    60gig with an 80gig, bought more than a dozen since, with no problems.

    You didn't say you had bought an extra warranty. How long did you have the
    drive before it went bad??

    =----

    SBFan2000, Nov 21, 2005
  11. John

    Fakename Guest

    To clarify this further, it was the reseller that sold me the warranty,
    not Pioneer.

    It went bad after about a year.

    Fakename, Nov 21, 2005
  12. John

    Valcor Guest

    No probs here either in fact the discs I have burned on my Pioneer 109
    have been more compatible than those I did on an Emprex (rubbish) one I
    had before, I would always prefer to but Pioneer.
    Sue, (my twopence worth)

    Valcor, Nov 21, 2005
  13. John

    Zygon Curry Guest

    I've had the total opposite experience.

    I've used Pioneer DVD products for ages and none of them have failed
    on me yet.

    Zygon Curry, Nov 21, 2005
  14. John

    John Guest

    What encoding and burning software are you guys running when burning
    to DL on your 109s?

    I have been using Nero 6.6.0.16 for the encoding and burning. When I
    use Dual Layer discs though just when it gets to the burning part I
    get the error message: "Unable to prepare data for recording: Failed
    to get disc content."

    John

    John, Nov 21, 2005
  15. John

    Valcor Guest

    Hi John,

    I've been using DVD Decrypter ISO read and write for my movie backups,
    (I also have Nero same edition as you and have done backups with this
    but they would not play the second layer of the movie on my Philips
    standalone). Not done any data discs yet. Using Traxdata DL discs, what
    discs are you using?

    Sue

    Valcor, Nov 21, 2005
  16. John

    SBFan2000 Guest

    MF 3.0

    SBFan2000, Nov 21, 2005
  17. John

    John Guest

    I am using Verbatim ones. Can't get burning to Dual Layer at all. It
    just goes through the encoding in Nero then fails at the start of the
    burning process.

    John

    John, Nov 23, 2005
  18. John

    Ven Hawkins Guest

    Gee, my 4 year old Pioneer DVR-A03 is still chugging along. I also
    have a 1 to 9 DVD duplicator featuring 9 DVR-108 drives. I've never
    had a problem.

    Ven Hawkins.

    Ven Hawkins, Dec 2, 2005