Has anyone else heard about MoIP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by palfiem, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. palfiem

    palfiem Guest

    Afternoon,

    I was interested in anyone has heard of MoIP and what it actually
    means? I was watching BBC click this morning and they mentioned a
    company in the UK called connectmeanywhere.com who use this term.

    I have looked at their service which seems to enable users to make
    interneational calls from there mobile at VoIP prices. MoIP stands
    for Mobile over IP.

    This seems a great idea but I wondered if anyone else had heard of
    these guys?

    It would be great to get some feedback before I sign up to what sounds
    a great service.

    Many thanks

    Paul

    palfiem, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Seems like your provided an access number that you call to then get an
    outgoing line. It doesn't matter what device your phoning from. This
    means that their term 'MOIP' is purely marketing! Other VOIP service
    providers can facilitate this service with *much* better value!

    Daviey Walker, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Mobile Over IP - a "novel" way to WiFi enabled connect mobile phones
    to .. er the phone system ...

    More marketing malarkey if you ask me...

    See this: http://uk.techcrunch.com/?p=86

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Sep 15, 2006
  4. palfiem

    jhp247 Guest

    Providing you have x-network minutes on Orange, T-Mob, , O2 you can
    make cheaper/free? Intl calls using the dial through access numbers
    provided by the likes of yourcallworld,simply-fone,planettalk etc

    Or you can use the 020 mobile access numbers of the likes of
    www.18185.co.uk www.1899.com etc

    They are all cheaper then Callmeanywhere

    jhp247, Sep 16, 2006
  5. When you are in Japan?

    R. Mark Clayton, Sep 16, 2006
  6. palfiem

    linker3000 Guest

    If you have a Vodafone business account, you can designate an inbound
    line on your VoIP account as one of the free-to-call landline numbers
    and then use (for example), the DISA features on Asterisk/FreePBX to
    dial out again - in effect making calls from your mobile at your regular
    VoIP rates.

    linker3000, Sep 16, 2006
  7. palfiem

    andy Guest

    What is the point of that, when Voipfone have a dial-in London number
    that has the same function, similar to calling card use? No extension
    line or Asterisk required.

    andy, Sep 16, 2006
  8. palfiem

    Linker3000 Guest

    1) We're not with Voipfone (although that's not a major issue)

    2) Our VoIP system spans 30+ sites so from your mobile you can get to
    any extension in our organisation free of charge

    3) We can call track mobile phone calls as part of our Asterisk reporting.

    4) People on mobiles can dial in to conferences free of charge

    5) People on mobiles can check their Asterisk VM free of charge

    etc..

    Linker3000, Sep 18, 2006
  9. palfiem

    andy Guest

    apologies - late at night I saw Voipfone instead of Vodafone.

    dialling in then out again is still just similar to calltheough or
    calling card, though I can see a firm would be happier having the
    destination rather than access number available on billing info

    andy, Sep 20, 2006
  10. palfiem

    Lee Guest

    Hello Linker3000

    I read your post with much interest. Would you mind confirming something for
    me? I am looking at linking up just three sites using VoIP/SIP.

    Do you have an Asterisk installation at every site or just at one site with
    all calls farmed out from there? Via VPN?

    A quick outline would be so helpful.

    Many thanks in advance

    Lee, Sep 22, 2006
  11. palfiem

    teotino.matarmaclo

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    What is MoIP

    Hello all,

    MoIP stands for "Mobile over Internet Protocol". It derives from the more famous VoIP (Voice over IP).
    The idea basically rely on the fact that, nowadays internet is widely available and fairly cheap on mobiles in many country. Once the customer is able to have a data connection he can be able to send cheap SMS worldwide or call abroad at competitive prices.
    Since a couple of years I am using Vyke. They have a full range of solution also for those that do not have internet on mobile (or do not have a smartphone able to support Apps).
    Give a look at their website to have an idea (https://www.vyke.com/rates-compare.jsf)
    hope it helps :)

    teotino.matarmaclo, Nov 18, 2011