    None of the stores seem to have gotten it in and it was scheduled for release on 9/30
    Has anyone found this yet????
    Thanks

    J. Alfred Prufrock, Oct 4, 2003

  2. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Robyn Guest

    I would also like to know the answer to this..what has happened to this
    release?

    Robyn, Oct 4, 2003

  3. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Scot Gardner Guest

    Apparently, Warner wants you to buy these titles twice, in a Lord of the
    Rings type deal. (The "Here's Looking at You, Warner Bros." disk does
    not appear to be available separately.)

    Here's what DVD Empire has to say about this title:

    Warner Legends Collection Region 1

    $55.94 DVD-Video
    LIST: $69.92
    SAVE: $13.98 (20%)

    TBA: Release date to be announced. The studio has no scheduled release
    date for this product. However, you can pre-order it and we will ship it
    to you when it is released.

    http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_item.asp?userid=00000159840721&item_id=542472

    Scot Gardner, Oct 4, 2003
  4. Another conspiracy, Scot?

    Just how is it apparent that Warner wants any such thing? The box is
    well known and people who want the whole package will, for the most
    part, wait until it is released.

    Matthew

    --
    <http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

    Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
    You can't break even.
    You can't get out of the game.

    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 4, 2003
  5. Scot, as always, you are an idiot. The box, in fact, HAS been released
    - certain stores got it as well as certain on-line establishments. I
    was told that the stores that didn't get their shipments will be soon -
    apparently they had a screwup and underestimated the orders for the
    single discs and they appropriated the singles that were in the box set
    to help fill thoses single orders. They have told retailers that didn't
    get the box that they will be soon. This has been discussed at length
    at the Home Theater Forum.

    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 4, 2003
  7. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Scot Gardner Guest

    Brockhurst Pertwee killfile me? Not when I inspire him to write
    brilliant poetry, such as the example below:

    Scot,
    Suffers from rot.
    He's just a snot,.
    Perhaps he's had a little too much pot.

    Scot,
    Wait, I forgot.
    It's all a plot
    Scot's hot to trot
    For any cause
    I really wish he'd pause
    But no, he posts ad nauseum
    Just blathers on and on
    While people yawn and yawn

    Scot,
    He's just a tot,
    Who posts a lot
    He types and types upon his keyboard
    And his posts have just got me bored

    So, Scot
    Go hit the cot
    We love you... Not.
    So go take a nappy
    That would make us happy
    'Cause your posts are crappy
    And are rarely snappy
    So, Scot
    Just say adieu
    This song is through
    You have no clue
    Your brain could fit inside your pinky
    So, please run away with Stinky
    Goodbye, Scot
    You're just a blot
    You're like a clot
    You've had your shot
    Scot
    Scot
    Scot
    And I mean Gardner
    Scot
    Scot
    Scot
    So, amscray pardner
    Scot
    Scot
    Scot

    Scot Gardner, Oct 4, 2003
  8. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Scot Gardner Guest

    And those who already bought _The Adventures of Robin Hood_, _Yankee
    Doodle Dandy_ and _The Threasure of the Sierra Madre_ got screwed.

    Scot Gardner, Oct 4, 2003
  9. Scot, I think Brockhurst is right. You are an idiot. Ignorant consumers
    are not Warner's responsibility. I suspect that anyone with any interest
    in more than one of those three titles knew about the box set. Even if
    they didn't, it wasn't Warner's fault. Warner didn't hide the fact that
    the set was being issued.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 4, 2003
  10. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Dave Garrett Guest

    Got mine in the mail yesterday - I preordered it from Amazon about a
    month ago. Interestingly, the ROBIN HOOD set was the only one in the box
    that was shrinkwrapped separately, with a different UPC label stuck to
    the outside of the wrap.

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, Oct 4, 2003
  11. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Capn Queeg Guest

    They had piles of 'em at Costco the other day...

    Capn Queeg, Oct 4, 2003
  12. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Dunf Guest

    I have noticed that the major chains in Canada don't carry treasure yet they
    have yankee doodle and robin hood. The obv carry treasure but never have it
    in stock. As for the box set, Amazon and Towerreecords have it.

    Dunf, Oct 5, 2003
  13. J. Alfred Prufrock

    BubbCoop Guest