    understand the difference between all this wifi equipment I see
    advertised. I may not be able to answer right away, due to problems with
    this newserver.

    Tomcat, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Nothing, as far as I'm aware. The 802.11 protocols define a set of
    encryption methods,, mostly s/w implemented (though typically you need
    at least firmware support for the method), and thats what you get.

    Current thinking is that you should use WPA if at all possible.

    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Jan 17, 2006

  3. Tomcat

    David Taylor Guest

    Other than encryption of the the packets what else can be done on the
    Well on the hardware side, leaving packets alone, use the most
    directional antennas you can use and turn the power down to the minimum
    to make it work.

    David.

    David Taylor, Jan 17, 2006