Hardware Malfunction Message - Please help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by woopa, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. woopa

    woopa Guest

    Hi there, when I first turn on my computer for the day, it will run fine for
    up to 3 minutes or so until I get a complete blue screen with an error
    message which reads:
    *** HARDWARE MALFUNCTION
    PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HARDWARE VENDOR (something like this)

    *** The sv

    I can not do a CRTL-ALT-DEL reboot or anything....no response to anything
    except for a complete hard reboot. After a reboot my computer will run
    perfectly fine and won't see this message again.
    I only get the error message when my computer is cold it seems. But after
    running a while, it runs perfectly.

    Has anyone had this problem, or can anyone shed some light into this issue
    please?

    Thank you very much for your help people.
    Please respond to group. Thank you.

    woopa, Apr 6, 2004

  2. woopa

    Paul - xxx Guest

    woopa posted ...
    errr ... maybe you ought to contact the vendor .. especially if it's a new
    computer. If it isn't new, then further details, such as hardware specs,
    might be required for better quality help ... ;)

    Paul - xxx, Apr 6, 2004

  3. woopa

    Palindrome Guest

    What version of Windows (I assume Windows)?
    What spec machine? In particular, does it have ecc or parity memory?
    Is the machine still booting when the error appears or is it already up
    and running?

    It could be hardware or software. If hardware, it could be a memory
    parity error. If software, you could have picked up something nasty.

    Palindrome, Apr 6, 2004
  4. woopa

    °Mike° Guest