Hardware Install Wizard not detecting Wireles Card

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Dec 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello, I have a new build and everything is working fine except that my
    system won't detect and install drivers for wireless network pci adapters. I
    have a Linksys cable modem and a linksys router and have tried linksys
    wireless adapters and now attempting with a Belkin wireless adapter. I have
    switched pci slots, cleared the cmos, updated all drivers from
    mainboard;Linksys; and Belkin. I am running xp pro 64 bit v.1 (can't seem to
    update to sp2). My detect Hardware Wizard does detect a new device "Ethernet
    Controller" but can not detect and load drivers for the wireless adapter. I
    am currently hardwire connected to the network. However, there is a yello
    question mark on my "Other Devices" and on the "Ethernet Controller and a Red
    "X" on Marvell Yukon88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. I have
    updated the drivers for that device and it doesn't help. I hope I have given
    enough info for someone to be able to help, please let me know if you need
    more.

    Sincerely

    Here is my system:
    Mainboard:MSI K8N NEO4 Platnum
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
    Memory: Corsair 1gig
    OS:Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 SP1
    Wireless Network Adapter; Belkin Wireless G Network Adapter

    Guest, Dec 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    David T Guest

    Is it possible that your drivers will not work with 64bit win

    David T, Dec 26, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Anything is possible but what is the solution? I had an older linksys
    wireless card ( about 3 years old) and it worked just fine until I accidently
    broke the antenae connector even now it will acknowledge that card but not
    the others. With that said, I think there is something more than just the
    drivers.
    I'm still looking for help if anyone out there has a solution to this
    problem I will sure appreciate it.

    Guest, Dec 26, 2005
  4. Guest

    David T Guest

    David T, Dec 27, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    No, I haven't but I will now. Thank you. I'll let you know how it goes.
    It's weird that no one else has this problem. Thanks

    Guest, Dec 27, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have this same problem. However, I don't have the software. Thx for help.

    Guest, Dec 28, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am still interested in fixing the problem, but I am hard wired now and
    everything works fine. However, we are about to move and I will again need
    to be connected by a wireless connection. I'd appreciate any help; I can
    get. Thanks.

    Guest, Jan 16, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I just consulted with Linksys about 64bit drivers and here's what they
    said:"Musheer (50086): Hi, my name is Musheer (50086). How may I help you?
    Clifford: I need
    Clifford: windows xp 64bit drivers
    Musheer (50086): Hi Clifford.
    Clifford: XP 64bit does not recognise the wireless network adapter nor it's
    setup program
    Clifford: hi
    Clifford: WMP54G Card
    Musheer (50086): Clifford, we do not have drivers which will support 64 bit
    OS.
    Clifford: wow
    Clifford: can you suggest something?
    Musheer (50086): You can try with third party drivers, but I am not sure
    whether it will work with the card or not.
    Clifford: Where do I get third party?
    Musheer (50086): You can search in google web site.
    Clifford: ok
    Clifford: thanks
    Musheer (50086): Do you have any other questions that I can help you with
    today?
    Clifford: no

    Guest, Jan 16, 2006
  9. Guest