    My question is, is this scenario a valid reason to return the drive to
    the manufacturer? It's a Seagate 7200.7 200gb ATA drive. Thanks.

    Shawn

    Shawn, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Shawn

    mark mandel Guest

    Just out of curiosity, in the Device Manager next to IDE Disk Controllers,
    is there a yellow question or exclamation mark?

    mark mandel, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    I am not seeing problems with the controller, although I did try to resintall
    the Nvidia Nforce drivers last night. As I recall Nforce2 has some kind of 'SW
    IDE' drivers. Maybe my attempt to reverse the driver version caused my
    problem?

    Shawn, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Shawn

    bmoag Guest

    You may want to check to see if Seagate has a diagnostic utility on their
    web site. Some vendors will not accept a drive for repair/replacement unless
    it fails the diagnostic utility.

    bmoag, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Shawn

    HF Guest

    You should check the Seagate website and you will find your answers there as
    well as software

    HF, Jul 11, 2004
  6. Shawn

    Mark Mandell Guest

    Yep, you just download onto two floppies and your hard drive needn't be a
    Seagate either.

    Mark Mandell, Jul 11, 2004
  7. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Yes I remembered it and checked my drive with Seagate's SeaTools, but the full
    scan didn't come up with an error. I guess I won't really know why the drive
    failed.

    Shawn, Jul 11, 2004