    worth it yet. The speeds seem to be around the same as the ATA/133 drives,
    and then you have to spend more on a controler or a SATA mobo.

    Thanks.

    ???????, Sep 21, 2003

  2. ???????

    Smoker Guest

    There is no such thing as a good brand of hard drive. They are all pieces of
    crap based on 50-year-old technology that we have to live with. Improvements
    include such things as faster, smaller discs that can store more data, more
    quiet., more reliable or dependable is an unearned bragging right not to be
    applied to any manufacturer. The most likely thing to die first on your
    computer is the hard drive. If you buy one that outlives the one-year
    warranty you are lucky.

    Smoker, Sep 22, 2003