Hard drive won't boot off of ATA 133 controller card

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by dsr, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. dsr

    dsr Guest

    Got my new Syba 8212 ultra ATA133 controller card today. I plugged
    the card in and rebooted my system with the onboard controller.
    Windows 98 recognised the card and asked me for drivers. I located
    the drivers on the supplied CD and the card was installed with no
    problem.

    After shutting the PC down I jumpered the hard drive to cable select
    and connected it to the controller card. Rebooting into setup I
    disabled the onboard IDE controller and tryed to boot from the new pci
    controller card. The 8212 PCI card recognised the drive as drive 0 of
    4 possible but then came up with the error message.

    Resource conflict Allocation error static node # 0D

    I have tried removing pci cards and changing the slots where the pci
    controller card is located. I also removed some drivers from the
    control panel and reinstalled the pci controller driver. Whenever I
    plug the ATA 133 hard drive into the ATA 133 controller card I get the
    same resource conflict error message. Anyone have any ideas? This
    must be something simple I'm missing here.

    dsr, Nov 24, 2003

  2. dsr

    clydeo Guest

    Hi Florence- go to Device Manager and see what it says. You get there
    through the Control Panel|System applet. Open the Device Manager tab and
    find your PCI controller by expanding the plus signs and see what it says.
    You should first delete the onboard controller and reboot to see if Windows
    will reinstall your PCI controller with the correct resources. Clydeo22

    clydeo, Nov 30, 2003