Hard drive is corrupted after using Partition Magic

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §lim§hady, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. §lim§hady

    §lim§hady Guest

    I was building a new computer and using Partition Magic to merge two
    partitions to one on the old hard drive.

    Half way through the merge, Partition Magic froze up and crashed. When I
    rebooted, Windows scandisk made a lot of changes to the hard drive that was
    being merged.

    I'm now left with a huge mess, and a very corrupted hard drive. The hard
    drive shows all the former file names, however, there are no extensions to
    the file names, and the files have very small sizes. The only valid folder
    I find on this drive now is entitled Found.000

    I went back into Partition Magic to see if there is anything I can do, when
    I check the disk for errors, it tells me there are too many errors, and
    Partition Magic does not repair anything. I can see that there is still 11
    GB of used data on the drive, which seems about right, as there is about 11
    GB of data that I am trying to recover.

    Is there some type of utility I can use to attempt to recover the data?

    Thanks for any help.

    §lim§hady, Jul 21, 2003

  2. §lim§hady

    paul s Guest

    Partition Magic has a warning when you run it, and it's in the manual.
    'Backup Your Data First!!'

    paul s, Jul 21, 2003

  3. §lim§hady

    Meat Plow Guest

    I use Get Data Back to recover data from partitions that are corrupted or
    deleted.

    Meat Plow, Jul 21, 2003
  4. §lim§hady

    §lim§hady Guest

    Thanks for the help guys. GetDataBack is a life saver. Did an awesome job
    at recovering just about everything.

    §lim§hady, Jul 22, 2003