    is this still the case with 16x DVD burners... do burners still run at
    a slower speed than hard drives?

    thanks!

    Guest, Nov 9, 2006

  2. CD & DVD drives should still be put on a different IDE channel. The
    burner should be the primary and the player the slave.

    John

    John M. Tubbs, Sr., Nov 10, 2006

  3. Some dvd drives or burners still don't support UDMA, or only a lower mode
    than the harddrives. In most cases, however, the difference is negligable,
    but putting a burner on a different cable than the harddrive helps prohibit
    congestion-related hiccups. Master-slave is irrelevant for speed.

    Walter Mautner, Nov 10, 2006
  4. Guest

    Meat Plow Guest

    Yes.