    order) for the larger size.

    What does anyone know about the size trends on the 10,000 rpm SATA
    units? The 75 GB drive I have is a Western Digital.

    Dave, Dec 16, 2007

  2. Dave

    Null Guest

    Here's some insider information: speed and capacities will increase, prices
    will decline.....duh...

    Null, Dec 16, 2007

  3. Dave

    philo Guest

    Look carefully at all the specs... many "standard" 7200 rpm drives have seek
    times
    about the same as 10,000 rpm drives.

    (If I were building a machine today...I'd probably opt for a 500gig 7200 rpm
    drive)

    philo, Dec 16, 2007
  4. Dave

    Plato Guest

    I'd stick with the 7,200s until the 10,000s get more playtime.

    Plato, Dec 20, 2007