  1. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Maybe you could help others by saying what drivers worked for you.

    John Barnes, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I cannot start a new thread, I keep getting an error so I am replying to a
    current one. This particular thread is listed in the Windows 2000 server
    group as well, so I will ask my question here. I hope someone can help me.

    Actions before:

    I am configuring a new Windows 2000 Advanced Server installation. After
    configuring everything and installing some applications, I installed SP4.
    All this is on a SATA raid configuration (mirrored).

    The problem:

    After rebooting I get the dreaded stop error (an obvious I/O error pointing
    to the SATA drives). I know now that the service pack didn't recognise the
    currently installed RAID drivers for the board (go figure) and there was no
    prompt for any additional drivers. After rebooting, of course it failed. I
    went through a quick repair, but no go. I tried to manually copy the
    disk.sys file from the backed up service pack directory through DOS (NTFS2DOS
    utility). I switched from RAID to IDE in the BIOS and ran a full repair. No
    go. I have since switched it back to RAID and am trying a full repair as I
    type this. While I wait for it to go through the process, I thought I'd send
    this post.

    My question is this; Is there a way to force the I/O drivers (RAID drivers)
    through DOS? A utiliity out there somewhere that can do this? I am also
    assuming that the registry would have to be hacked for this to happen as well.

    Anyone out there encounter this?

    Thanks a bunch.

    Andy

    Guest, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Guest

    Rick Guest

    Whether you can start a new thread or not, you are in the WRONG
    newsgroup!!!!

    This newsgroup is for Windows 2003 Server x64 and Windows XP Pro x64 ONLY!!!

    In other words - AMD64 and Intel EM64T 64-bit Windows!

    IT IS NOT FOR WINDOWS 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Rick, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well, I'll tell you what. I'll just ignore the field where it says Windows
    2000 server. I can now post so I'll start a new thread in the appropriate
    group.

    In the meantime try to not be ignorant. Using !!!!!! marks is rude to say
    the least. Next time try to be helpful. I always am. If you don't know,
    just say so or just don't post.

    Cheers

    Andy

    Guest, Jun 29, 2005
  5. Guest

    DKI Guest

    Even though this is the wrong news group, are you using the correct drivers
    for your sata installation or compatable drivers with server 2000, might be
    worth looking at the manufuctures site for updated drivers as well

    Also i'll be honest have you considered slipstreaming SP4 and rollup 1 for
    SP4 into the setup (coping the disk over to hdd and then intergrating them
    and then burning them off to disk with the MS boot file so when you do a
    setup from scratch SP4 is included with rollup 1 in the setup.

    DKI, Jun 30, 2005