    burner is IDE 1 master and the other cdrom is the IDE 1 slave (secondary).
    The cdrom drve lights will flash off and on continuously and the hard drive
    light will stay on continuously.Thanks for any help.

    paul, Dec 4, 2005

  2. paul

    Trax Guest

    |>Windows xp pro white generic box system will access the hard and cdroms
    |>drives almost all the time even though there is no disk in the drive. At
    |>times the computer will lockup and the only way to revive the system is to
    |>push the reset switch.The hard drive is IDE 0 master(primary). The cdrom
    |>burner is IDE 1 master and the other cdrom is the IDE 1 slave (secondary).
    |>The cdrom drve lights will flash off and on continuously and the hard drive
    |>light will stay on continuously.Thanks for any help.

    You could run Diskmon
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Diskmon.html
    and see what's going on.

    Also see what else http://www.sysinternals.com has to offer that might
    be of help(process explorer).

    Trax, Dec 4, 2005

  3. paul

    old jon Guest

    Hi Paul. it`ll cost you nothing to check your Event Viewer to see if you
    have any errors\warnings showing up.
    bw>>OJ

    old jon, Dec 4, 2005