Happy with RTM.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dennis Pack, May 13, 2005.

  1. Dennis Pack

    Dennis Pack Guest

    I just installed the RTM version of XP-x64 with no problems on the following
    system.

    AMD FX51

    Asus SK8N

    2 GB ECC ram (4x512)

    2 WD 160GB SATA hard drives

    Asus GF FX5950 Ultra

    Creative Audigy 2 zs

    Promise FastTrac 378 Raid

    USR 5610B modem

    Leadtek WinFast TV2000 expert TV tuner

    Epson Stylus C84 printer

    The Promise raid drivers from PlanetAMD64 worked using F6 during install.
    Creative beta sound drivers function normally. USR 5610B drivers installed
    with the operating system and functions normally for sending a FAX but
    dial-up internet dialer program doesn't recognize the operating system.
    Onboard LAN functions normally. The only changes made from the original
    installation; updated video to 71.84, installed creative drivers, everything
    else is out of the box. I haven't found compatible printer drivers or
    capture drivers yet. All standard programs function except my old DOS
    programs. The only complaint at this time is with Epson and Leadtek for
    being behind with drivers. This has been the most stable system from
    Microsoft, including CPP releases that I've used so far. Regarding the spell
    check concerns I don't have a problem because out of habit I cut and paste
    to a blank Word document to check spelling.

    Dennis Pack, May 13, 2005

  2. Dennis Pack

    mickie Guest

    Greetings from New Zealand

    I am pleased to know that all has installed well with you.

    I have a MSI K8N neo Platinum nforce 3 250gb, MSI NX6800gt, LAN using D-LinK
    DSL320g Modem as the server, bla bla bla I am using the final beta Version
    64BIT OS and all runs well, system picks up the other 2 computors on the
    network with ease...even with out using the wizard.

    I have an Epson Stylus C82 working in Black & White using random drivers
    from the CD drivers Folder but I am not able to configure printer settings
    at all, so I am curious to know weither you have got the C84 to print in
    colour and if so, what driver version did you select.

    When I can get my printer to work in colour then I will go out and purchase
    the OEM as Office 2003 Works great and this is all I need for the time
    being.....I 'll continue to dual boot to access my HP Scanjet , Corel Draw
    etc

    Thanks

    Michael

    mickie, May 13, 2005