Happy New Years to Everyone at Velocity Reviews!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigal, Dec 31, 2005.

1. bigal

Gez

now can i see i picture of you next to your mod? for comparison... :p

naw that is pritty cool mod, intersting life you lived... you still have the belt or did they take that away from you?

How do you get into a job like that in the first place anyway? and how do you go from proffesional wrestling to moding and reviewing PCs? the answers to the questions are proly way to long than you want to type... or even give me... but i like to learn how peoples minds work. If i was actualy going to go to a 4 yr college, i would minor in psychology... but im just going to tech school...

hmmm i kinda went off on a rant there...

Gez, Jan 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. bigal

The Modfather

Short an answer as I can...

I've ALWAYS been into computers, ever since I was old enough to talk I had a computer of some sort around, even if it was just an old Altair 8800 with lights and switches, so it was no transition to go from one to the other.

Wrestling is just something I was always interested in, been watching it since I was a kid and it was the WWWF with Bruno Sammartino as the champ. My brother used to joke with me about him managing me and breaking into the business. Basically how it happened is that I used to hang out at a local Electronics Botique a lot and the manager was involved with a local fed called PWF (Pennsylvania Wrestling Federation), which did shows at high schools and rec centers, seriously small time stuff. So I started to go to the shows with him and did an act as a bodyguard to his "Rich Jewish Laywer" gimmick. From there I got involved in matches and started training at the PWF's gym and eventually Eastern Championship Wrestling (then a part of the NWA) started to get popular and some of us would wrestle at their shows. Not long after that Shane Douglas won the Eastern Championship Wrestling title and threw it down and proclaimed the federation renamed and changed to ECW "Extreme Championship Wrestling" and from there hangs a LONG tale. I wrestled with ECW for about 5 years until I was hurt in a stunt that went wrong where Buh-Buh Ray Dudley (who you might know as Bubba Ray or now just Brother Ray in TNA) tried to toss me off the concession stand at the Viking arena (ECW Arena, aka "The Bingo hall") and I came down totally wrong, broke my ankle in several places and crushed my spine in two places. That ended my career in that business but I'd never want to do it differently.

As for the belt, no, I still have it, it's mine. It has my name engraved on it (or the name I wrestled under) and it's not made of real gold (none of them actually are, even the WWE belts aren't real gold, that'd be amazingly dumb). :)

It weighs about 14lbs. So X, you probably do weigh more, unless you're a pixie. :)

The pic isn't old, I took it last night when you asked to see it. I don't have any pics of me from that time on the computer.

Anyway, modding just came out of being an artist, which I've always been, I've always drawn and done computer art so modding PC's just came naturally. I think I first started to get seriously interested in it when American Chopper came out. I put the idea together myself, to mod my machine. I didn't see any other PC Mods out there and there were no pre-mods yet, everything was just beige boxes and a few companies did put out black and silver PC's but that was about it. I think my first mod was the kind I don't really like doing, basically putting a machine inside something non-computer related. In that case it was putting a PC into a model (Star Wars). I haven't done any like that since then, it wasn't very creative. Hard to get the parts to fit and work right yeah, but not creative. I want to be original now, do things from my own imagination.

Well that's the "SHORT" version, aren't you glad you asked? :)

Oh, and I don't have any pics of myself with my mods, never thought to take any but you can see my pic on thinkcomputers.org in the staff area.

The Modfather, Jan 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. bigal

XhArD

Mighty impressive life you've lived so far, don't let it end too soon :p

XhArD, Jan 11, 2006
  4. bigal

The Modfather

I sure don't plan on it, but who the heck knows? :)

I always figure, chances are I'll kick off tomorrow, then when it doesn't happen I can get all happy about it.

The Modfather, Jan 11, 2006
  5. bigal

unholy

Man, if i knew ur mind i would say... do u have a split brain? they actually did split pplz brain, it was a way to heal epileptic's (hope i spelt it right :) ).

man that belt probably weighs more then me...14 pounds... (if u saw my picture u would agree. but i have a big brain and it weighs me down :|)

all i can say is "modfather" is his real name and he was born to it :)

unholy, Jan 11, 2006
  6. bigal

The Modfather

Hehehe, actually the name Modfather is what I tried to get my pop to use, but he wouldn't do it, he just used Fast Eddie or Road Hog, ah well. :)

The Modfather, Jan 12, 2006
  7. bigal

unholy

maybe he wanted to be be a road hog.. not a modfather :p

unholy, Jan 12, 2006
  8. bigal

The Modfather

He **IS** a Road Hog, he drives like a maniac. There's two speeds in any vehicle he gets into... Floored and Crashed. As in he gets in, starts it, puts the pedal to the metal and stops when the car has been intercepted by an object hard enough to make it stop. :)

Fast Eddie's been his nickname for like 55 years. He was National 9 Ball pool champion back in the 70's and when they made that movie they sorta borrowed his nickname for Paul Neuman to use. He never got a dime out of it, damned Hollywood bastards.

The Modfather, Jan 12, 2006
  9. bigal

unholy

neva liked hollywood... they are cheapo's stealing without paying ... makes me sad that ppl have little souls that are destoryed for money.

unholy, Jan 12, 2006
  10. bigal

bigal

You're not talking about Minnosota Fats, are you? I think Fast Eddy was in that, and wasn't it Paul Neuman or Steve McQueen?:hello:

bigal, Jan 13, 2006
  11. bigal

The Modfather

Sorry, right, McQueen... Yeah, that's my dad they're trying to represent there, sort of, but not quite. He played against Minnesota Fats and thinks the guy isn't so good, he's just a trick shooter but as for playing the game he said he's not very good, passable at best. There are other players he's said were quite good, I'm trying to remember the name of this one guy he said was an amazing shooter, damn, can't remember the dude's name. Anyway, yeah, he gave up gambling and shooting pool a long time ago, hasn't played a game in at least a decade and even then, that was just to show a couple of friends of mine that they weren't as good as they thought. Buncha cocky smartasses really. :)

The Modfather, Jan 13, 2006
  12. bigal

bigal

You know...

....I have a pool table in my basement - perhaps you've seen it in some pictures. It's a nice one I picked out at Champion Billiards back in 1991 when we moved here. It has one-inch slate, and I believe it's an extended eight, or something like that. If you ever get over to Virginia on a vacation, you'll have to bring your dad so he can learn me some new tricks. I was going to play pool much more than I ended up playing it. My lower back acted up in the mid-nineteen ninties, and then this computer modding thing took hold of me. I still like to play though.:beer:

bigal, Jan 13, 2006
  13. bigal

The Modfather

I'm no pool expert, not even close, that's his thing, I can play but I'm not good. :) I'm not anywhere near Virginia though, I'm in Pennsylvania. I don't know if he can even still play, he hasn't tried in over a decade like I said and since then he's lost two fingers on his left hand, so it might be tough. Dunno, I keep bugging him to go to a pool hall so we can just play for fun but... <shrug>

The Modfather, Jan 13, 2006
  14. bigal

bigal

Pennsylvania?

That's not far at all. I thought you were in the middle of the states. My wife is in Pennsylvania right now in fact (business meeting). I'm in Northern Virginia, and you're probably only 4-5 hours away. Someday we'll have to visit, just to see how the other one mods.;-)

bigal, Jan 18, 2006
  15. bigal

The Modfather

That'd be fun... I'm in Philly, I thought everyone knew that. :) I've been through Virginia a few times but never for any stays, though we might be heading there this year for a family get together thing, I forget what city though I think we planned to visit Williamburg while we are there.

The Modfather, Jan 18, 2006
  16. bigal

bigal

Williamsburg is...

...a couple of hours south of us. We're in Springfield, near the mixing bowl where I-495 meets I-95. I guess we are about 10 miles outside the beltway, which is 495 going around Washington DC. If you come down to Williamsburg, you should plan on stopping by our place for a few hours.

bigal, Jan 19, 2006
  17. bigal

unholy

man yous are lucky u live on the same plane of land. If i wanted to visit you it would take over 18 hours, and then i would still old be at the West coast :|

unholy, Jan 19, 2006
  18. bigal

The Modfather

Hahaha, Un, you need to take an SST, that'd save you a lot of time. Just fly into Philly International, grab a bus or cab and it's a 30 min drive to where I live from the airport, I'm north of the center of the city and the airport is southwest of it.

Al, I'm right off of I-95 myself, like a few blocks from it. About 5 exits north of center city, still in the city proper though.

The Modfather, Jan 19, 2006
  19. bigal

Gez

*now starts stalking mod* :p

jk, dont have the time to stalk people. :p

*edit by unholy: thats not stupid :p, u do know mod can view it anyways :p*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2006
    Gez, Jan 19, 2006
  20. bigal

unholy

still the fact where am i supposed to get like 900 dollars for a flight from, i would like to go to ces 2007 :)

unholy, Jan 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question