Happy New Years to Everyone at Velocity Reviews!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigal, Dec 31, 2005.

1. bigal

XhArD

We don't get the NYE thing here, and American Bandstand is just that; American. That bloopers program is also the american one, we have an Australian version that airs over here instead.

XhArD, Jan 4, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. bigal

The Modfather

You're just too isolated, join the rest of the world. We get shows from other countries here, espescally the popular ones from like BBC or Channel 4 in Britian or stuff from Canada. Can't say I know of too much from Australia that doesn't involve some wanker in kakhi shorts chasing "Crocs" though. :) What's popular there?

Right now the popular stuff here would be like... Lost, Desperate Housewives and stuff like that. I watch Lost but that's about it other than wrestling, garage shows and science stuff.

The Modfather, Jan 4, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. bigal

bigal

What about...

...American Chopper or what ever that show is that details the building of choppers? How about football? My spousal unit...er..wife loves to watch football.:dead:

bigal, Jan 4, 2006
  4. bigal

XhArD

We have American TV. Everything except the NYE thing :p I'd say it was probably on foxtel (pay TV) but it wasn't on Free-to-air

XhArD, Jan 4, 2006
  5. bigal

unholy

foxtel aint worth it :p

unholy, Jan 4, 2006
  6. bigal

The Modfather

I can't imagine it'd be a pay per view event, it's not that big of a deal. Oh well.

Yeah, I watch American Chopper all the time, it in part, inspired the Chopper PC. Football, it's different here than in Australia. I don't really watch sports on TV except wrestling.

The Modfather, Jan 5, 2006
  7. bigal

Gez

wrestling is not a sport. It is more of a soap opera for men. end of story there is no argueing that.

Gez, Jan 5, 2006
  8. bigal

The Modfather

Uhhh, yeah, well, you;'re entitled to your opinion but, it happens to be very wrong. Yes wrestling is SCRIPTED but that doesn't make it not a sport any more than any other professional sport (All of which are scripted, whether you believe it or not, teams throw games left and right based on what they're told to do for their mega-million dollar salaries). So the only difference between wrestling and say, baseball, is that wrestling has come out about it being scripted and baseball still expects you to believe it's all real.

I know for a fact the realities of wrestling, where it is a sport and where it's a story, how real the injuries are and how much skill is required to do it because I was a professional wrestler for 8 years. It's the reason I'm disabled today but I'd never do it differently, I loved it.

The Modfather, Jan 5, 2006
  9. bigal

Gez

right... you were a professional wrestler... and i was the king of all china.

anyway... professional wrestling is scripted yeah... but i enjoy stuff more like boxing and UFC. All professional 'Sports' are indeed just 'entertainment', and thats just the way things are... but as far im concerned prof. wrestling makes their shows more like soap operas than anyother 'sport' i know of.

Gez, Jan 6, 2006
  10. bigal

unholy

all i can say if i haven't wasted a single cent of soap operas or wrestling :p

unholy, Jan 7, 2006
  11. bigal

XhArD

a single cent OF soap operas or wrestling? How many cents of them do you have?

XhArD, Jan 7, 2006
  12. bigal

The Modfather

Gez, would you like to see a pic of me with my world television title? Remember, I'm not a young fella here, I've been around the block a few times, I don't have any need to make stuff up to sound impressive. Your opinion is noted and I've stated it is incorrect and uninformed, simple as that. I'm not here to try to impress you but I am going to tell you that your impressions of what professional wrestling is are somewhat wrong. Yes it's a sort of soap opera, because it doesn't make any bullshit claims to be anything more than sports entertainment. It actually tries to entertain people, unlike baseball, which is just as fake but is also boring as hell. If they came out and admitted that baseball was fake, nobody would be interested anymore because to be perfectly honest, it's not a lot of fun to watch. It has no story, nothing interesting outside of the game itself, which isn't real and which is rigged. Same goes for all professional sports, football, hockey, basketball, they're all rigged. Teams win or lose based on politics and money talking and not on talent. Whereas with professional wrestling, people DO win or lose based on talent, if you're untalented, you won't get pushed into a title picture, if you are talented, you're like the 'star' of the show and in that regard, Professional Wrestling is more real than any other so called sport. Top that off with the fact that for the most part, to be a wrestler today you've got to be an amazing athlete and it's more sport than any other "sport" out there.

The Modfather, Jan 7, 2006
  13. bigal

bigal

Oh come on...

....all the sports are rigged? I don't buy that. :egg:

bigal, Jan 7, 2006
  14. bigal

unholy

Ahhh i wouldn't be surprised my friends... its like when tiger wood was bribed to win the cup :p

unholy, Jan 8, 2006
  15. bigal

The Modfather

They are Al, believe it or not. Oh sure, not on the college level or below or the Olympics (though many countries do take shortcuts) but professional sports, most definately. For instance, 1984 World Series, "Wild Thing" Mitch Williams is on the mound, he throws 8 consecutive walks to lose the series and isn't pulled from the game. Why? Each throw is so bad that a 2 year old could have done better, it was an obvious thrown game. That's just one example, I could give hundreds. All pro sports is rigged in one way or another but only wrestling is up front about it. Soooo...

The Modfather, Jan 8, 2006
  16. bigal

Gez

dude, i would love to see a picture of you with your title belt.

Gez, Jan 9, 2006
  17. bigal

unholy

there was tight belt talking here... i am leaving... that stuff is queer !!!

unholy, Jan 10, 2006
  18. bigal

XhArD

TITLE, not TIGHT. freak.

XhArD, Jan 10, 2006
  19. bigal

The Modfather

Ok...

[​IMG]

I chopped the background out because my office is a freakin' mess and I'm wearing my bathrobe because, well, it looks creepier. :)

The Modfather, Jan 10, 2006
  20. bigal

bigal

Hey, didn't I see you...

...in one of those "Girls Gone Wild" videos? Weren't you one of the guys pouring a bucket of water on some girl to get her T-shirt wet?

All kidding aside, that's mighty impressive. That belt probably weighs more than me by itself.:-D

bigal, Jan 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question