Happy Birthday

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Old Man, Sep 18, 2006.

  1. Old Man

    Old Man Guest

    Forgive me, please. I'm an old man. I live in a nice house, have lurury autos
    and adquate income. My health is reasonably well I have no reason to be
    downhearted today but I'm very sad. I accept that there are tough periods in
    each life but today is sad.

    My wife psssed on several years ago after a very happy and successful 55 year
    marriage. We had three sons, all college graduates, 2 married with one giving
    me 2 grand sons and in turn the grandsons have give me 4 great grandbabies.
    Wonderful, beautiful childern, happy and full of life with two of the twin
    greatgraddaughters, now 5 five whose beauty outshines the sun. I would gladly
    die for any of them.

    I get to see them whem I travel out of state, from Arizona to Seattle. At my
    age it is difficulut because I don't see well and my hearning is going too. I
    have not seen them in 4 years, only photographs.

    Today was my 78th birthday and all day I anticipated phone calls and best
    wishes. I sat by the phone all day but I never received a call. They all keep
    very busy lives and as entrpernuers they worry about there businesses and
    keeping their lives togeather. I understand their problems but I still looked
    forward to my best wishes for this late period of my life.

    Would one or two of you kind respondents wish me happy birthday. I lurk in
    this NG every day and I know there are kind and decent posters who will
    cheerfully wish and old man his 78th birthday.

    Old Man, Sep 18, 2006

  2. Old Man

    Meat Plow Guest

    Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and then drop dead from a heart attack.

    Meat Plow, Sep 18, 2006

  3. Dude, happy birthday -- and may you have as many more as you wish.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 18, 2006
  4. Old Man

    Pennywise Guest

    Have a very Happy Birthday!

    (all but two lines...)

    Pennywise, Sep 18, 2006
  5. Old Man

    DemoDisk Guest

    I'll be where you are someday, minus the home, autos, income and
    descendants. But I'll wish my best mate his happy 84th in a couple of
    months. So here's to the best on your 78th. Happy Birthday, OM !

    JM

    DemoDisk, Sep 18, 2006
  6. Old Man

    Soccer Mom Guest

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY from the Raging Queens From Hell Soccer Club in Chevy
    Chase, MD!

    Don't take it too personally, no one in my family calls anyone on their
    birthday, it's a tradition or we just don't care...

    Soccer Mom, Sep 18, 2006
  7. Old Man

    John Holmes Guest

    Old Man "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Happy Birthday, Old Man.

    John Holmes, Sep 18, 2006
  8. Old Man

    Rectum Burn Guest

    Happy birthday, sweetie!

    Rectum Burrrrrrn

    Rectum Burn, Sep 18, 2006
  9. Old Man

    Old Gringo Guest

    Happy Birthday and many more to come.

    Old Gringo, Sep 18, 2006
  10. Old Man

    Jimbob Guest

    John Holmes decided to enlighten us all with:
    That was just an amazing response.

    Jimbob, Sep 18, 2006
  11. Old Man

    John Holmes Guest

    Jimbob "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    I've seen responses, but your's is the worst.

    John Holmes, Sep 18, 2006
  12. Old Man

    fkasner Guest

    Hell, I turned 80 in July. You're not old. 78 is merely a threshold of
    old age. My hearing isn't great. Eyes are OK with only just beginning of
    cataracts. Had a heart attack back several years ago. Also collapsed
    left ventricle. Survived all that. Lost my dear wife several years ago.
    Survived that. Only child has made repeated mistakes in relation to men.
    The two grandsons are pretty good type. Hope she doesn't ruin them. But
    I'll not be around to bail her out that time. I still enjoy doing a lot
    of what I did for a career. Finances are not great but pension is
    adequate. Little in the way of possessions that I lust for anymore. Life
    can be good even when parts of it are less than satisfactory. Enjoy what
    you have. And don't sweat the lack of consideration that the ignored
    birthday entails. Leave the fortune to some worthwhile charity. That
    will really get their attention even if you aren't around to see it
    happen. You can chuckle all the way to the grave.
    FK

    fkasner, Sep 19, 2006
  13. Old Man

    Sybil Guest

    rotfl

    Sybil, Sep 19, 2006
  14. See, fkasner, it is just this type of attitude that you are
    recommending him to have that made his children hate him to begin
    with.

    Give all my money away to other people, that will teach the little
    bastards.

    It is this type of attitude that made your daughter less than
    intelligent when it comes to men. She had to grow up with your pissy
    attitude and now she has it and assholes attract other assholes.

    Good job, fkasner, you made your daughter into a loser that inherited
    your crappy attitude.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Sep 19, 2006
  15. Old Man

    Jimbob Guest

    My response to your repsonse is no response.

    Jimbob, Sep 19, 2006
  16. Old Man

    ProfGene Guest

    Well I am a young 74 but I see no reason not to wish you a happy
    birthday and many more to come. I will be traveling to our state in
    December as we have been doing each year for the past few to visit my
    woman's daughter in Phoenix. The drive is getting more difficult from
    here in Illinois and last time on the return trip my back went out for a
    couple of weeks. Probably because my Buick has lousy seats and the
    driver's seat has gotten kind of lumpy. I won't be 75 until February 25
    and that can wait.

    ProfGene, Oct 19, 2006