    Does anyone know where I can find "Happy Birthday" in .wav format?

    Sorry if this is off-topic.

    Thanks.

    David James, Oct 25, 2003

  2. David James

    slumpy Guest

    slumpy, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Gary G. Taylor, Oct 25, 2003
  4. David James

    Harrison Guest

  5. David James

    David James Guest

    Yes, I have tried this. Amazingly, none of them seem to link to a wav file!
    Lots of people asking in Google Groups too, but no joy.

    David James, Oct 25, 2003
  6. David James

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Yes, I have tried this. Amazingly, none of them seem to link to a wav
    file!
    Google searches have been posted for you. I only had to click 3 times to
    find a page offering the download. I suggest you follow the google searches
    a little better. Not every match will be a wav file. In fact, none will. You
    will have to manually start the download.
    http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/play/play.cfm/sound_iid.32203
    It's a copyrighted song, so legally, you have to pay for it.

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 26, 2003
  7. David James

    Bryan Guest

    Shouldn't be. H-B as we know, was composed by 2 ladies in NY in about 1900.
    They ran a creche and they composed a song to welcome their children:
    Good morning to you.
    Good morning to you.
    God morning dear children... etc.
    It got changed soon after to H-B!
    :)

    Bryan, Oct 26, 2003
  8. David James

    David James Guest

    Yes, but this one you have to register and pay for. It's not copyrighted.
    You would think it would be easy to find, but it isn't. This is why I asked
    in the group. I checked Google for quite a while first.

    David James, Oct 26, 2003
  9. http://mitglied.lycos.de/baerbeln/

    Steven Pilbeam, Oct 26, 2003
  10. David James

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Happy Birthday" is not in the public domain.

    <http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/birthday.htm>

    Anybody hosting "Happy Birthday" could be breaking copyright, and could
    risk whatever penalties their hosts have.

    Petit Alexi, Oct 27, 2003
  11. David James

    Bryan Guest

    "The Chicago-based music publisher Clayton F. Summy Company, working with
    Jessica Hill, published and copyrighted "Happy Birthday" in 1935."

    Well, I didn't know that!
    Nice link Alexander Small!
    :)

    Bryan, Oct 27, 2003
  12. On 26 Oct 2003, David James wrote
    Happy Birthday? It was certainly in copyright a few years ago -- has
    it come into public domain within the last couple of years?

    Harvey Van Sickle, Oct 27, 2003
  13. David James

    Ralph Mann Guest

    David James said:
    Well if you have to pay for it, I would imagine it's because it *is* copyright.
    Think about it.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 27, 2003
  14. David James

    Bryan Guest

    Petit Alexi's link:
    http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/birthday.htm
    explains all!
    :)

    Bryan, Oct 27, 2003
  15. Harvey Van Sickle, Oct 27, 2003
  16. David James

    Petit Alexi Guest

    Actually, hold that thought:

    Perhaps it is just the words and not the music which is copyrighted:

    <http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2003/7/5/112441/6280>

    Petit Alexi, Oct 27, 2003
  17. David James

    Bryan Guest

    (I'll be 80) <sadness>

    Bryan, Oct 27, 2003
  18. David James

    Bryan Guest

    Maybe so, but...
    Nice posting to you!
    Nice posting ...
    lol

    Bryan, Oct 27, 2003
  19. David James

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Petit Alexi said:
    Possibly, as, if someone plays it on a piano and records it, I would have
    thought it was their own version/interpretation/rendition.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 27, 2003