Happy Birthday Gaston Julia!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Senti, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Senti

    Senti Guest

    Senti, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Senti

    Trax Guest

    |>http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Julia.html
    |>
    |>In case anyone wanted a reason to celebrate in a drunken frenzy. :)

    Na, some quality smoke would be called for here.

    I have a 2 hour tape that shows just Julia and Mandelbrot Sets. It
    starts on one and zooms into one point expanding the view at which a
    different point is zoomed into expanding that and on and on. You
    travel through the set seeing different patterns emerge till boom your
    back to where you started. Truly amazing stuff.

    http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/julia/julia.html

    Trax, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Senti

    Trax Guest

    Trax, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Senti

    Trax Guest

    Trax, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Senti

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Feb 4, 2004
  6. Senti

    Trax Guest

    On 04 Feb 2004 04:14:17 GMT, Boomer <>
    wrote:

    |>> have you seen google.com?
    |>>
    |>> I think the art work is a tribute to him.
    |>>
    |>> I'm sure of it now :) it saves as Julia.jpg
    |>
    |>Have you ever played with fractals?

    Long while ago, all my friends at one time were into them. I did the
    software thing and created some great ones. I haven't played with them
    lately but with the higher cpu speeds they should be much quicker to
    produce :)

    Trax, Feb 4, 2004
  7. Senti

    Boomer Guest

    I've used Fractal Explorer for years. It's great.

    http://www.eclectasy.com/Fractal-Explorer/

    Boomer, Feb 4, 2004
  8. Senti

    Senti Guest

    And if you hover your cursor over it, the ALT text is "Gaston Julia" :)

    Senti, Feb 4, 2004
  9. Senti

    Trax Guest

    Trax, Feb 4, 2004
  10. Senti

    anthonyberet Guest

    When google has a special logo, if you click on it it will take you to a
    google search of whatever the special logo is celebrating..

    anthonyberet, Feb 4, 2004