    -PCMA vocoder (others give echo and noise)
    -D-Link DI-614+ 2.32 firmware
    -HandyTone 486 firmware: 1.0.5.16

    Johan Karl Larsen, Dec 13, 2004

  2. The question is: Will I be better off putting the HandyTone in front of
    the
    Hi there!

    To be honest, it doesn't work that well! The router in the ATA486 is very
    simplified!
    You will need to do port-forwarding from the ATA486 to your D-Link Router
    and then do a second port-forwarding to your webserver.
    The DMZ does not work 100 % reliable! So sometimes traffic is not routed
    through!
    Yes, the QoS feature of the adapter will ensure that your calls have
    priority.
    I have currently set up your scenario at my place. I am not totally
    satisfied because I have to reset the ATA486 now and then.
    Last weekend I updated the ATA486 to version 1.0.5.18
    Since then it works a lot better!
    If you can live with it that you have to reset the router every now and then
    (every second to every third day) than it´s ok.
    If you need reliabilty for others and yourself to always be able to connect
    to your file/web/mailserver you won't be glad with this solution!

    Just try it! And please post your experiences here! I'd be interested!
    By the way it's not that much work to swith form one setup to the other! At
    least IMHO.

    Andrian

    Andrian Geheuer, Dec 13, 2004

  3. If you can live with it that you have to reset the router every now and
    Thanks Andrian

    I think I have to put it on hold for a while. Replacement of router might be
    a better/less troublesome option. Anyway, I have a cheap digital timer that
    will take care of the reset bit (one minute off sequence during night) Might
    give it a try if time permits.

    Most sensible solution would probably be to wait for a router that have SIP
    built in and are without any locked subscribers. Also need a solution that
    takes care of the spaghetti jungle of power adapters and patch cables. Most
    optimal solution for me is a router with SIP and sdsl support in one unit.

    Johan Karl Larsen, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Johan Karl Larsen

    Martin² Guest

    Draytek Vigor 2600V or 2600VG has 2 SIP ports, there is also 2500V with one.
    I believe Zoom X5 ? also have SIP port.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Dec 16, 2004
  5. Looks like the HT486 is not designed to be in front of a router handling
    heavy NATing of web/smtp/eMule to a private local network. It is built as a
    simple one PC solution for internet users that do not want to buy an
    additional router. Makes sense considering the price and h/w size. Anyway,
    works fine for me _behind_ the DI-614+ as long as other traffic don't go
    skyrocketing.

    Johan Karl Larsen, Dec 17, 2004