    ip address.

    TIA,
    Crash.

    Crash, Jul 5, 2006

  2. Crash

    Allistar Guest

    The interface (NIC) has the IP address - it's perfectly normal for a
    computer to be reachable on more than one IP address. I.e. my home network
    is 192.168.0.*, when connected to a client it is also on 192.168.1.*.

    As far as internet access goes - that depends on your route tables and the
    gateway. I'm not sure about XP, but on Linux you can specify (via the route
    tables) which interface certain traffic goes through.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jul 5, 2006

  3. If a situation arises where I have connectivity to 2 wans/lans or I am
    Normally the last connection made will take over the default route and thats
    where it will
    send the data via.

    Thanks

    Craig Whitmore, Jul 5, 2006
  4. Crash

    Crash Guest

    Many thanks Craig and Allistar.

    Crash, Jul 6, 2006
  5. For a modern operating system, the answer would be "yes". For Dimdows
    .... who knows ...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 10, 2006
  6. Crash

    steve Guest

    One of them will be the default.

    You can likely specific which one.....or it will default to whichever one
    the system rules thinks should be the default. That could well be the last
    one as activating it most likely included changing the default route.

    steve, Jul 10, 2006