    anyone know what kind of spray coating to use to make inkjet papers? or
    any method of making inkjet papers?
    thanks!

    lori, Nov 2, 2005

  2. lori

    Annika1980 Guest

    anyone know what kind of spray coating to use to make inkjet papers? or
    You know they sell inkjet paper these days, right?
    Do you think you can do it better than Epson?

    Annika1980, Nov 2, 2005

  3. lori

    lori Guest

    yes. yes. and i thought it would be fun.

    lori, Nov 2, 2005
  4. lori

    lori, Nov 2, 2005
  5. lori

    JPDFDA Guest

    Try some water color paper and some spray starch. Starch was used in
    older papers to keep the ink from bleeding through. L-o-n-g time ago.

    Today you can get several types of paper for inkjet and a lot easier
    than making it yourself. If you really want to try something unique.
    Make your own inks.

    Draco

    Getting Even isn't good enough.

    JPDFDA, Nov 2, 2005
  6. lori

    Bob Guest

    I don't know, but if you find out post it here - I want to make sheet aluminum
    inc jet printable!

    Bob, Nov 3, 2005
  7. There are companies selling special (coated?) sheet aluminum that can
    be printed on using normal ink. Google should find them for you.

    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Nov 3, 2005
  8. lori

    Ed Bigelow Guest

    Suggest you Google around...try something like "starch coated paper,"
    and explore...you'll find things like this:

    http://www.si.edu/scmre/relact/specialty_papers.htm

    Ed Bigelow, Nov 3, 2005
  9. lori

    Charlie Self Guest

    Charlie Self, Nov 3, 2005
  10. Variation on a theme---

    I've wondered what sort of applications one could make using the
    transfer papers for making prints on tee-shirts, for example, ironing
    the transfer sheet (printed of course) onto various surfaces other than
    fabric.

    Has anyone tried this, and what works? What's amusing?

    John McWilliams, Nov 3, 2005
  11. lori

    Bob Guest

    Really? Thanks for the tip!

    I haven't bothered looking for a while since I never found any before.

    Bob, Nov 3, 2005
  12. A google search for "ink jet aluminum" turns up
    http://www.horizonsisg.com/AlumaJet/default.asp as the second result.

    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Nov 4, 2005
  13. lori

    Charlie Self Guest

    Really shouldn't be hard to find because offset printing press image
    plates are made of photo-sensitized aluminum, with photographically
    "burned" images that hold ink. They have to be wiped down after each
    use (and during long runs to make sure the transfer to paper remians
    clean) to keep the ink from drying.

    Charlie Self, Nov 4, 2005
  14. Dr.Colon.Oscopy, Nov 4, 2005
  15. lori

    salgud Guest

    Not sure of the entire process, but you start by chopping down a tree...

    salgud, Nov 4, 2005