Hail to T. Gwynn!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark², Jan 10, 2007.

  1. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Jan 10, 2007

  2. Mark²

    Skip Guest

    Good job, Mark!
    And congrats to San Diego State's baseball coach, the first career Padre in
    the Hall.

    Skip, Jan 10, 2007

  3. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Thanks, Skip. ;) You're a San Diego guy...so I don't have to tell you...

    ....But with so many super-stars like T.O. of the Cowboys letting their
    talent turn them into complete jerks, I have a special appreciation for guys
    like San Diego stars Tony Gwynn and Lanadian Tomlinson, who BOTH demonstrate
    that you CAN be a world class talent...AND STILL...be a world class human
    being.

    These are the kind of players we should ALL cheer for.

    Mark², Jan 10, 2007
  4. Mark²

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    If Gwynn didn't get in, they should close the hall. Also, I was very
    satisfied to see that the first of the "big cheaters" was rejected.
    Hopefully, they'll carry this philosophy forward when the biggest cheater is
    eligible and shut him out, as well.

    Nice shot, too.

    Kinon O'Cann, Jan 10, 2007
  5. Are you referring to our Mr. Bonds, or Petey Rose?

    John McWilliams, Jan 10, 2007
  6. Mark²

    ASAAR Guest

    Most likely the biggest cheater would be Mr. Bonds, biggest also
    referring to the muscular-skeletal size increases that result from
    ingesting some prohibited substances. Petey's violations probably
    are worse (bigger) but calling them "cheating" probably understates
    the seriousness of his gambling, which undermined the integrity of
    not just Petey Rose but all of major league baseball as well.

    ASAAR, Jan 10, 2007
  7. Mark²

    Cynicor Guest

    Wait. You're saying that this isn't a normal growth pattern?
    http://trupin.smugmug.com/photos/65417790-O.jpg

    Cynicor, Jan 10, 2007
  8. Mark²

    ASAAR Guest

    ASAAR, Jan 10, 2007
  9. Mark²

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess, Jan 10, 2007
  10. Mark²

    Cynicor Guest

    Good point...I just did it though, and the difference is pretty much
    just the hair and the butt-ugly cap.

    http://trupin.smugmug.com/photos/122332912-O.jpg

    Cynicor, Jan 10, 2007
  11. Mark²

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Are you referring to our Mr. Bonds, or Petey Rose?

    Barry Bonds. Rose broke the rules by gambling, and does not deserve to be in
    the hall, but he didn't cheat. Bonds is a disgrace.

    Kinon O'Cann, Jan 10, 2007
  12. Mark²

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Gwynn gained weight, but he was big to begin with, and his weight gain was
    very gradual and more normal looking. Bonds turned into a circus act. Total
    freak of nature, with the "roid rage" was evident in pretty much every
    aspect of his life. Bonds is a loser.

    Kinon O'Cann, Jan 10, 2007