had to leave the house...darn !

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Sep 3, 2006.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    For the last six months a friend of mine who is a professional photographer
    has been using my basement to use his computer.
    (He lost his studio for non-payment of rent)
    Anyway, yesterday he asked me if he could do a "photo-shoot" in my house as
    he had hired a model and set the date for yesterday...however the
    electricity for his new studio will not be on for a few more days.

    Since this is a nude model I'm talking about we all figured that this would
    be a good time for me and my girlfriend to go grocery shopping.

    While we were out I was joking with her about how many times the college
    kids next door would be comming over
    to return our stray cat :)

    Just so you know what kind of photography I'm talking about...I;ve pasted a
    link to what is left of
    his site. The photography he does is fine art.

    http://home.wi.rr.com/mrflasch/

    philo, Sep 3, 2006

  2. You might want to let your friend know that some of the links to photo
    galleries on that page are broken. Organic and Penlight, for instance.
    I didn't bother checking all of them.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 3, 2006

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    Yes he's aware of that...
    he is no longer paying his host...so it's lucky they are still leaving at
    least part of his website up there...
    the guy really ran out of money!

    philo, Sep 3, 2006
  4. philo mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    There's no money in "fine art", now porn, that's different... :)

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 4, 2006
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    Well there is some money in fine art...but not usually enough for most
    artists to support themselves...

    philo, Sep 4, 2006
  6. philo mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Unfortunate, but true.

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 4, 2006
  7. Indeed. And this guy does good work, too. A pity.

    Gary G. Taylor, Sep 4, 2006