Hacking attempts?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kenny, Apr 18, 2004.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Using Norton Firewall I can trace hacking attempts, below is the most recent
    using Hack A trojan. Question is is it worth while reporting it to the
    specified spam/abuse address or is it likely to be spoofed anyway?

    inetnum: 80.218.50.0 - 80.218.50.255
    netname: CABLECOMMAIN-NET
    descr: Cablecom GmbH
    descr: DHCP Scopes
    descr: Zuerich
    country: CH
    remarks: *************************************************
    remarks: For spam/abuse, please contact
    remarks: E-mails to the persons below will be IGNORED!!
    remarks: *************************************************
    remarks: INFRA-AW
    admin-c: WM5132-RIPE
    tech-c: CAN6-RIPE
    status: ASSIGNED PA
    notify:
    mnt-by: AS8404-MNT
    changed: 20040316
    source: RIPE

    Kenny, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Kenny

    anthonyberet Guest

    What exactly did your firewall detect?

    anthonyberet, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Kenny

    Guest Guest

    Getting worried now? ;)

    Guest, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    It detected an attempt to hack into my PC using the Hack "A" trojan, I
    backtraced it to the location given in OP.

    Kenny, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Kenny

    anthonyberet Guest

    You are telling me Norton's whatsit told you you were being hacked?
    -It used those words?

    anthonyberet, Apr 18, 2004
  6. Kenny

    John Guest

    That's the only response you can make.
    If it is spoofed, the ISP will find out pretty easily. If they also
    care, they can then take action.
    There is no reason to assume they either care of will do anything, but
    such companies will never care if no one reports this stuff.

    John, Apr 19, 2004
  7. Kenny

    Plato Guest

    Not worth reporting to anybody. Just let your firewall do it's job and
    turn off the alerts.

    Plato, Apr 19, 2004