H.323 Vulnerability on PATed Public IP address.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by VNTHOMAS, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. VNTHOMAS

    VNTHOMAS Guest

    Hello,

    As per Cisco advisory, PAT is not affected with the above
    vulnerability. But I would like to be sure with my setup.

    I have a PAT for local LAN(10.10.1.0/24) for internet access and the
    public IP address I use for PAT is a 1.1.1.1(which is not the actual
    address).

    I am not using FWshield, but I am using a ACL which allows all traffic
    to 1.1.1

    int s0/0
    ip access-group 199 in

    access-group 199 permit ip any host 1.1.1.1

    Since the ACL is allowing any traffic to come in(including 1720 bogus
    traffic,) does this setup affect the above vulnerability .

    Thanks in advance.

    VNTHOMAS, Jan 16, 2004