    plan to use libretel.com to get a phone number which will ring on m
    voip based phone I set up , so please suggest a good and reliable wa
    to setup

    SIP2PSTN, May 28, 2005

  2. SIP2PSTN

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    The quality of hardware IP phones and ATAs varies more between brands than
    between device type (phone vs ATA). Buy something decent and you will have
    excellent call quality as long as your internet connection is decent.

    The advantage of an ATA is that you can use any phone (such as a nice DECT
    cordless). The advantage of an IP phone is that the interface is more
    integrated and you can use feature buttons and the display for fancy IP
    phone things.

    The Wifi IP phones currently on the market are generally held to suck.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, May 29, 2005