    Also would like to know that is there a difference in voice quality an
    echo while using hardphone than a softphone . Which from both give
    better sound quality and less echo on low bandwidth

    SIP2PSTN, May 28, 2005

  2. SIP2PSTN

    Danilo Kempf Guest

    I would like to know that is there any difference in voice quality over
    Neither protocol has something to do with echo or voice quality. Both SIP
    and H.323 are signalling protocols which are used only to establish media
    channels. Those in turn are transmitted via RTP in both cases, so there
    shouldn't be a difference in quality between SIP or H.323 devices.
    In theory there's no difference between a "hard"phone and a softphone. In
    practice most "tangible" VoIP phones include a real DSP doing some echo
    cancellation. With next to all Softphones echo cancellation is pretty
    uncommon, so you get better quality with a hardphone here.

    Danilo Kempf, May 28, 2005