    in the back ground , I gather it is to get my attention to some kind of
    advert.can any one tell me what it is or how to get rid of it. cheers any
    help would be great mark

    mark, Feb 21, 2004

  2. mark

    ICee Guest

    Shoot the speakers.

    ICee, Feb 21, 2004

  3. mark

    trout Guest

    Sounds like a pop-up blocker. So you use the Google Toolbar? If it's
    *that*, click on Options; More; and uncheck "play sound when blocking
    pop-ups". If it's a different blocker, you'll have to look through the
    program options.

    trout, Feb 21, 2004
  4. mark

    Harrison Guest

    Duck!

    Harrison, Feb 21, 2004
  5. mark

    joevan Guest

    Good Shot!!!!!!!!!!
    joevan

    joevan, Feb 21, 2004
  6. What others have said, plus: might also be a cookie blocker, munching
    cookies.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 22, 2004
  7. mark

    DC Guest

    Or he lives in LA. };O)

    DC, Feb 22, 2004
  8. <ducking a stray> Why, whatever do you mean?

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 22, 2004