    I think MCAD and MCSD are better options for you, although learning the
    basics of the platform and IIS would be very useful, there is no realy
    path for that in the MCP programs anymore.

    Ben Smith, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Guest

    Ben Smith Guest

    I would wager that every item on the exam, cross-referenced by the exam
    outline, can be found on the MS website. I advise people to start out
    exam prep by researching each thing on the exam outline, starting with
    product documentation and progressing to the Resource Kits, and then
    implementing it in a test environment. Exam prep software is a good
    measuring stick to see if you really do know the stuff, but
    unfortunately too often the questions are poorly worded and lack
    accuracy.

    Ben Smith, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    AFAIK, pretty much all rivers are fresh water. Well, maybe not all that
    fresh, but at least non-saline. And only have one end that hooks up to a
    body of salt water.

    JaR, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    Forget it, Chalk's right. No one likes a [email protected]

    Briscobar, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    Shows what you know. I know somebdy that likes THIS smarta$$!

    JaR, Dec 8, 2005
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    which smarta$$?

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  7. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    Your wife don't count. She's married to you - she HAS to like you.

    Briscobar, Dec 8, 2005
  8. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    Hah! YOU tell her that.

    I'll just be the guy sitting over here with the bag of popcorn and the
    winning bet on the a$$whupping.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Dec 8, 2005
  9. Michael,

    If you are a developer and your core area of expertise is in software
    development, MCSE is irrelevant to you. You are far better off hiring an
    MCSE consultant (make sure you verify their references) to setup your
    systems right for you. We spend many years keeping up with Microsoft
    continuously. That will certainly distract you from your core area of
    expertise.

    Once you grow beyond 10 people, you should be able to bring someone in to
    support you. My 5-hour contract would only cost you $600/month, for example
    and probably around $3,000 to get your environment reconfigured properly.

    Now if you are an ISV, you have the option of pursuing the next generation
    certs from Microsoft for developers focused on Visual Studio 2005. These
    certs will come in handy if you want to get the company to Certified Partner
    level as they will count for partner points with Microsoft. If current trend
    on the support side of things for partners is any indication of what's to
    come from Microsoft on the ISV side of things, it's best to start early.
    They severely tightened up our requirements for Competencies, which is a
    requirement for Certified designation, in the last 60 days.

    Leonid S. Knyshov, Dec 9, 2005
  10. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    SBS2k3. Don't need an MCSE for that one.

    TechGeekPro, Dec 9, 2005
  11. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    And what a great show we have tonight. Stick around, we'll be right back!

    TechGeekPro, Dec 9, 2005
  12. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    ***YAWN***

    TechGeekPro, Dec 9, 2005
  13. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    LEONARD BERNSTEIN!!!!!!!

    TechGeekPro, Dec 9, 2005
  14. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    I heard he's a real fart smeller.

    TechGeekPro, Dec 9, 2005
  15. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    TechGeekPro, Dec 9, 2005
  16. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Mine didn't "have" to.

    TechGeekPro, Dec 9, 2005
  17. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    TechGeekPro, Dec 9, 2005
  18. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    AFAIK, pretty much all rivers are fresh water. Well, maybe not all
    Told you so. But then nobody listens to chalk.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 9, 2005
  19. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Rowdy's a real clever dude you know!
    ..... before he sets fire to 'em.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 9, 2005
  20. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I would wager that every item on the exam, cross-referenced by the exam
    Agreed, Yet there are those dumba$$ driods out there who can't be
    bothered to do that for themselves and just mosey on over to the
    [real] question and answer section, we all know what I mean by that...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 9, 2005