    I look forward to your feedback.
    Regards,
    Michael Wingert

    Guest, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    You have a BSC in software development, and you're considering pursuing an
    MCSE? Why?

    Just because Consultant makes the big bucks doesn't mean that everyone who
    pursues MCSE will. If you actually can write code, you need to look into
    MCSD, or more specifically start with MCAD. I have no idea where you got
    "MCPD" from. Isn't that the Microsoft College Police Department?

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The only reason I am curious about the MCSE, is that I know when our
    business grows, we will need to have a server etc, and I will be the one to
    implement that.

    However, my focus at this present time, is definately on web
    design/development.
    I don't think I would be advanced enough to partake in MCSD, and yes, MCAD
    does sound more to what I'm attuned to. It says that the MCAD is for Visual
    Studio.NET, however I am currently learning ASP.NET 2.0. Should I invest in a
    Visual Studio.NET book, or get the self-paced training kits 70-310, 70-320.
    As you can tell, I'm very new to the whole Certification process, and still
    researching, I thought it would be a better idea to get other opinions
    instead of my own.

    Thanks,
    Michael Wingert

    Guest, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Start by posting an inquiry in the MCAD newsgroup. While I am a software
    developer, I'm not currently or actively seeking certification in that
    field. You might find the best suggestions for what books to read, and how
    to study for those exams in that group. Why would a software developer
    (like me) post mostly in this group? Programmers are boring, I come here
    for the show.

    --
    Fris "Let us entertain you" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!

    http://www.mcngp.com

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    MCPD or MCTS: .Net Framework might be the way to go but it does spend
    time with the full blown apps. Try one of the Skills assessments at:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/webapps/

    it says on teh page:
    "Microsoft Skills Assessments for Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft
    ASP.NET 2.0 help developers to focus their exam preparation training and
    to find learning resources so that they can upgrade from Visual Studio
    ..NET and ASP.NET 1.0 or ASP.NET 1.1."

    so that might be worth a shot (since its usually free).

    that being said, this bunch is more of the admin side and since these
    certs are new you might want some advice from teh MCSD cert group.

    good luck...

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  7. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Programmers are boring

    thanks buddy.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  8. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Dewd... you and I and a handful of NON-BORING programmers donut hang out
    there, we hang out here. See my point?

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2005
  9. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    The only reason I am curious about the MCSE, is that I know when our
    It's surprising just how much information is freely available on the
    msdn and tech net sites, especially when used in conjunction with the
    exam prep guides.

    For books, my own advice would be to avoid self-paced training kits.
    In the past I've found them to be quite poor when compared to other
    books which cover the actual product/tool/technolgie. Wrox tend to be
    very good as do ms press (most of the time). Check amazon and/or barns
    nobel for the reviews.

    btw, you'll find that both the 70-310 & 70-320 exams are very much the
    same (stupid I know), so don't waste your money on training kits for
    both.

    Finally, please don't use braindumps and do plenty of research
    instead.

    Good luck

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  10. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  11. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    WTF!?!?! Kline being helpful _AND_ polite?

    I'm checking now, my bet it's an imposter or Rowdy.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  12. Guest

    Neil Guest

    then he spoffed your headers really well....

    it's ok, everybody slips up from time to time...

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  13. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    my bet it's an imposter or Rowdy.....
    Rowdy's a real clever dude you know!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  14. Guest

    Neil Guest

    what's the name of that river in Egypt?

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  15. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    what's the name of that river in Egypt?

    they have rivers in egypt. get away....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  16. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    Suez Canal?

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    To the window! To the wall! Till the sweat drop down my
    www.mcngp.com....

    Briscobar, Dec 8, 2005
  17. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    Sorry to be a bit of a pedant here, but the Suez is not technically a
    river.

    JaR, Dec 8, 2005
  18. Guest

    kpg Guest

    I'm bored.

    kpg, Dec 8, 2005
  19. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Birkat Qarun? no wait, that's a lake...

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  20. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    It's a man-made river! Are you telling me the water in the Suez canal does
    not flow at all? Is that what you're saying?

    Briscobar, Dec 8, 2005