    I'm trying to find the config variable for the colours of the download
    manager progress bar and it's background. I'm now lost in some kind of
    text-like jungle. Help!

    Mike Jones, Mar 3, 2009

  2. I'm presuming you're talking about Firefox. If so,
    then look in the FF Program directory. There you will
    find another directory called Chrome, and from there
    you will find a file called classic.jar. Open this
    file using your zip program and unzip to somewhere.
    Now, when you look there, you will find a bunch of
    directories. The one you want is Browser. Look at all
    the .png and .gif images, and find what you want. Now,
    look in the .css files that contains that image and at
    should reference the download manager progress bar.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 3, 2009

  3. Mike Jones

    Mike Jones Guest

    Responding to Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo:

    Good tip. Cheers!

    Mike Jones, Mar 4, 2009
  4. Mike Jones

    Mike Jones Guest

    Responding to Mike Jones:

    Following on from this...

    I've messed about with the Classic theme that defers to whatever the GTK
    theme in use defines for most of it's parameters. Thats an adventure I'll
    pick up on another day I think. ;\

    The clues led me to editing the user's userChrome.css file. I found some
    useful tweaks here and there, and even one to set the colors in the
    progress meter, but they didn't work. :(

    What seems to be happening is the progress meter background and main
    color are taking their parameters from the GTK theme's main panel color
    and main panel buttons colors. Even trying to override this in the
    userChrome file doesn't work.

    Like this...

    /* Change the progress bar color */
    ..progress-bar {
    -moz-appearance: none !important;
    background-color: #555666 !important;
    color: #fff666 !important;
    background-image: none !important;
    }

    ....has no effect.

    Any ideas folks?

    Mike Jones, Mar 6, 2009
  5. it works without problems. Atleast it did for me. Try
    using an addon called Stylish:

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 6, 2009
  6. Mike Jones

    Mike Jones Guest

    Responding to Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo:

    Yup, Yup, and Yup.

    Other mods work fine, its just this particular bit.

    Maybe its a syntax thing?

    I'll play around with it later.

    Mike Jones, Mar 6, 2009