    It bloats the scree (easy fix, just "-" a few times).
    BUT it is too big to print on ONE sheet of paper.
    HOW can one get it to fit?

    Robert Baer, Dec 26, 2013

  2. Robert Baer

    Paul Guest

    OK, so I go to this page.

    http://product.tdk.com/capacitor/ml...hp?lang=en&ref=us&part_no=C4532X5R1C226M230KA

    I click "Create PDF file of this page". This is the link to
    the resulting download. One of those impossibly-long URLs.

    http://product.tdk.com/capacitor/ml..._pdf.php?lang=en&part_no=C4532X5R1C226M230KA&
    imp_unit_x=MHz&imp_unit_x1=&imp_unit_x2=&imp_unit_y=%CE%A9&imp_unit_y1=&imp_unit_y2=&
    imp_unit_rax=Log&imp_unit_ray=Log&esr_unit_x=MHz&esr_unit_x1=&esr_unit_x2=&
    esr_unit_y=%CE%A9&esr_unit_y1=&esr_unit_y2=&esr_unit_rax=Log&esr_unit_ray=Log&
    cap_unit_x=MHz&cap_unit_x1=&cap_unit_x2=&cap_unit_y=nF&cap_unit_y1=&cap_unit_y2=&
    cap_unit_rax=Log&cap_unit_ray=Log&dcb_unit_x=V&dcb_unit_x1=&dcb_unit_x2=&
    dcb_unit_y=nF&dcb_unit_y1=&dcb_unit_y2=&dcb_unit_rax=Linear&
    dcb_unit_ray=Linear&tch_unit_x=degC&tch_unit_x1=&tch_unit_x2=&tch_unit_y=nF&tch_unit_y1=&
    tch_unit_y2=&tch_unit_rax=Linear&tch_unit_ray=Linear&rip_unit_x=Arms&
    rip_unit_x1=&rip_unit_x2=&rip_unit_y=degC&rip_unit_y1=&rip_unit_y2=&
    rip_unit_rax=Linear&rip_unit_ray=Linear&imp_co=255,0,0&esr_co=255,0,0&
    cap_co=255,0,0&dcb_co=255,0,0&tch_co=255,0,0/30,144,255&rip_co=255,0,0/30,144,255/34,139,34

    The resulting document is printed on 8.27x11.69 dimensions.
    That's an A4 document size. That's not a kind of paper
    I have here for my printer.

    You would need a tool with a working "shrink to fit" print option.
    I tried my printer the other day, and the shrink to fit was
    busted, so I had to drag my doc into an image editor, scale
    the pixmap for the 300 DPI it seemed to be printing at,
    and lo and behold, I eventually got it to fit. The reason
    that happened, is I refused to install the bloated
    complete printer installer, and was using a stripped down
    one.

    Photoshop would open a PDF page natively, by using
    an internal PDF interpreter. GIMP can open a PDF too, but
    requires telling GIMP where to find GhostScript. You can
    select the resolution to render it in, like say 600DPI,
    then scale it down until you get the results you want.

    But really, if you can find any alternative to Acrobat
    Reader, where the printer driver properly supports
    "shrink to fit", it would be a *lot* less work.

    Wouldn't Acrobat Reader 6 work on Win2K ? Maybe you
    could cook up a shrink to fit with that ?

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 26, 2013

  3. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    * That is PERFECT! And the MLCC "root" is now in my bookmarks.
    The resulting PDF is Adobe Reader 4.05 compatible and prints perfectly.
    * Looks too long; since the first link worked perfectly, i did not even
    bother with that mess.
    * I noticed. But prints OK as-is to 8.5 x 11.
    * Do not remember if that is the selected default in my Reader.
    * That seems to imply i could try different resolutions in GsView for
    conversion to a differently-named PDF.
    May try later.
    Thanks.
    * 6 works; all the way up to and including 9.0 work.
    But i found nasty interference with 4.05 (printer/reader) and RIPPED
    them out and will not touch them ever again due to the problems.
    Uninstall is insufficient; there are a number of registry entries that
    need manual removing - and it is easy to miss some and botch some.
    Easier to start from scratch ("empty" HD).

    Robert Baer, Dec 27, 2013
  4. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Found another way to print the whole PDF page in GsView: 1) set
    Orientation to Landscape, change print resolution to 300DPI (from
    600DPI) the Convert using pdfwrite.
    You get a lot of whitespace, because of the original oddball size.

    Robert Baer, Dec 29, 2013