    of a SIM swap.

    Alternatively, I'll look into a cheapy/free new mobile from Vodafone-es
    as my minimum contract period is up.

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006

  2. paul123

    alexd Guest

    I bet the ten day weekend is something you really miss living in Spain.

    alexd, Sep 2, 2006

  3. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    lol alexd - I prefer the 15 dayers meself, but what the heck, I'll
    settle for 10.

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006
  4. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    I've come across this item that seems quite a bit cheaper (about 50
    quid on ebay), though it seems the power supply and antenna are extras.
    it's one of thos "slip your SIM in" jobbies.
    http://www.siemens.com/Daten/siecom.../English/file/binary/SB_MC35T_engl_191201.pdf

    Whilst the photo there only shows one side view with one RJ11 socket,
    there appears to be another RJ11 on the other side. link to ebay item:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Siemens-MC-35...hZ016QQcategoryZ22333QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

    Anyone know anything about them, would it work for what I want? What
    are the 2 RJ11s for (one for pstn and one for handset/PBX)?

    paul123, Sep 4, 2006
  5. paul123

    alexd Guest

    It might be worth bearing in mind that some mobile network operators [eg
    Orange] will give you an indirect access code so you can place calls over
    your BT line as if your were calling from your SIM - so you can take
    advantage of free calls to your closed user group for example. This would
    probably be of most use if the amount of money you'd save on calls is less
    than the cost of a Premicell-type device.

    alexd, Sep 4, 2006
  6. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Cheers Alex, other questions spring to mind based on what you say.
    Assuming this is possible through vodafone-es, in that scenario, could
    you accept calls to your mobile number in through the landline as well
    as send calls out? If so, would you know that it's your mobile number
    being called? and be able to route it accordingly in Asterisk?

    paul123, Sep 4, 2006
  7. paul123

    Jono Guest

    You'd have to use call diversion for that. I know that Orange UK offer a
    service called Everyphone that allows the free diversion of mobile calls to
    a landline number. I have NO idea what's available in your place of
    residence.

    Jono, Sep 4, 2006
  8. paul123

    Jono Guest

    Can you expand on that?

    Any links available?

    Thanks.

    Jono, Sep 4, 2006
  9. paul123

    Paul Cupis Guest

    google site:eek:range.co.uk ida

    <http://www.business.orange.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Business&c=OUKPage&cid=1135953583469>

    looks to have some information.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 4, 2006
  10. paul123

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Not any more they don't. It was chopped as part of France Telecom's
    "simplification" of the Orange network last year. I believe it's still
    available for high volume (50+ handsets) business contracts though, but
    not sure, you'd have to ask on uk.telecom.mobile.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 5, 2006
  11. paul123

    Jono Guest

    For any/low volume 1+ handsets it would seem - I've got Everyphone - 1
    handset on Select 500 and I NEVER exceed my inclusive minutes. Admittedly,
    I'm registered with them as a "business" in stead of as an individual.

    Jono, Sep 5, 2006
  12. paul123

    Ivor Jones Guest

    You must have slipped the net..!