    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....10026015086&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....tToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tri-Band-GSM-...ryZ61839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    paul123, Sep 1, 2006

  2. paul123

    Jono Guest

    paul123 submitted this idea :
    Erm, I've can't see the ebay pages as I've got them blocked at the
    firewall!

    I'm using one of these <http://www.blueict.com/dockntalk.htm>,
    connected to an SPA3000. Does the job effectively. Cost about £150 ish

    Jono, Sep 1, 2006

  3. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Cheers Jono, I've had a quick look at that page and now have more
    questions.

    How do you connect it to your spa3k? And when connected to the SPA is
    it then like a normal trunk in and out? Can the spa3k still be used
    with PSTN when the dockntalk is connected to it - or does one need a
    spa3k for pstn and one for the dockntalk? Is it easy to setup?

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006
  4. paul123

    Jono Guest

    RJ11 to RJ11
    Yes, it's just like a PSTN line, as far as the SPA3K's concerned.
    An SPA3K for each is required, unfortunately.
    Absolutely.....there's nothing to set up. As the d-n-t masquerades as a line
    (it even provides dialtone) all you do is plug the SPA in to its line-out
    socket & connect a mobile phone. If you have the cabled version, rather than
    bluetooth, you get the advantage of the phone being charged as well

    Jono, Sep 2, 2006
  5. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Thanks for the info. Sounds great. Which one do you have - the cabled
    or bluetooth version? And where did you get it?

    Getting another spa3k to use it with makes it a bit pricey, but still
    sounds like "must have". I can just imagine the question from my other
    half "but do we really need it?" huh, boys and their toys eh?

    Another thought. Rather than using another spa3k, I suppose it could
    just connect to a x100p card on the asterisk box? That would be a bit
    cheaper at least.

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006
  6. paul123

    Jono Guest

    paul123 presented the following explanation :
    Cabled. I just leave an old 6310i permanently plugged in. I got it from
    BlueICT. They even sent me it on approval! I must have a trustworthy
    voice.
    I have a contract mobile permanently connected. Family members use the
    Asterisk callback feature from their PAYG mobiles. Then asterisk calls
    them back using the dockNtalk trunk, from my inclusive minutes. Makes
    their credit last quite a while.
    x100p would possibly work better than an SPA3K (clone card quality
    excepted) as you wouldn't have the
    double-send-dtmf-to-spa-then-to-dnt-delay.

    The only potential issue is that of location, or wiring. If using an
    x100p, the wire's got to run back to your server, whereas with an SPA,
    you can connect it anywhere on your network, over the internet, or even
    wirelessly.

    Jono, Sep 2, 2006
  7. paul123

    andy Guest

    I'm being rather slow to understand the desired functions you are
    looking into, and the subsequent discussion is certainly over my head,
    but you might also look into something like Nokia Premicell, which is
    used in for example offices to route outgoing calls on to either
    landline or GSM networks, with SIM card(s?) installed.

    It seems to me you were also thinking about incoming calls being routed
    out again, or callback, but maybe you would be able to control this
    from your Asterisk/ATA set-up; I don't know

    Apologies if this suggestion is hopelessly naive

    andy, Sep 2, 2006
  8. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    I don't exactly understand it all either Andy, but from what I gather,
    if the device has a socket to attach a normal handset, then that port
    could be used to attach the device to an Aterisk server. Having had a
    quick look via google, it would seem that yes, the Premicell could
    almost certainly do what I'm looking to do.
    Routing incoming calls into my asterisk box is the main need here.
    Forwarding to other numbers or callbacks etc would be some of the
    extras that can be added by Asterisk

    No apologies required, to me at least.

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006
  9. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Yes, that's a good idea. I could do something similar here in Spain,
    and so do away with the 2nd contract on my wife's mobile by converting
    it to a cheaper PAYG plan.
    Good point
    Agreed, the SPA would be more versatile, but thinking out of the box -
    why not just connect the landline via the x100p and use the SPA I
    already have for the gsm gateway (and just accept the
    double-send-dtmf-to-spa-then-to-dnt-delay)?

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006
  10. paul123

    Jono Guest

    A premicell is identical in almost every respect to the dock-n-talk,
    however, aren't they around £300 to buy new?

    The main difference between the two - if paul123 was going to interface his
    GSM when he is at home and take it with him when he goes out, then the
    premicell would have to be opened up all the time to take the SIM card in
    and out. However, if he's going to have a separate SIM card, the premicell
    would also be just the ticket.

    Jono, Sep 2, 2006
  11. paul123

    Jono Guest

    paul123 submitted this idea :
    Hehe. That's thinking "in the box".

    Why did you get an SPA3K if you already have an x100p?

    Jono, Sep 2, 2006
  12. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    I had originally bought a cheapy clone (about $12 with delivery) that
    I'd had problems with - like it just wouldn't work on my Asterisk box.
    I then got the SPA3k.

    As I'll be over to the UK next weekend for 10 days, I could get one of
    these dock-and-talks delivered to my Dad's. It does sound tempting...
    If I do get one, I'd probably get myself a genuine x100p for the
    landline and use the SPA for the dnt.

    Presumably the basic spa config for the landline would work for the dnt
    without any changes (on the SPA)?

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006
  13. paul123

    Jono Guest

    paul123 presented the following explanation :
    I have exactly the same settings in my dnt-SPA as I do in my PSTN-SPA.
    The only difference between the two are the extension numbers assigned
    by asterisk

    Jono, Sep 2, 2006
  14. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Crackin'! I'll bell them on Monday - if I can save the postage, I can
    pop in on them.

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006
  15. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Looked around a bit more and according to this page, the premicell has
    been superceeded:
    http://www.gsmsave.co.uk/Teltonika_T-Voice.htm

    and they can be had for around 165 squid + vat:
    http://www.discountphonesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Analogue_GSM_Gateway.html

    I appreciate the input folks and am erring towards the dock-n-talk, but
    am open to alternatives.....

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006
  16. paul123

    Jono Guest

    paul123 formulated the question :
    Is your email address valid?

    I have a mobile number for him/them?....if your thinking of BlueICT.

    Jono, Sep 2, 2006
  17. paul123

    andy Guest

    I hadn't known enough about them to know the cost, but wondered if they
    came discounted with some contracts

    Now I see why a search on a couple of sites had no results.

    If you're intending mobile use in Spain and UK, will you end up
    swapping SIMs anyway, or go for a global roaming one? (which use
    callback anyway, but it's worth looking at separate tariffs for
    outgoing calls) Off-topic a bit I suppose ...

    andy, Sep 2, 2006
  18. paul123

    DGB Guest

    In
    Have you seen the CellSocket - a US device similar to premicell retailing
    from $80 up, which is a holster for a Motorolla phone (Google brought up
    http://www.criterioncellular.com/cellsocket/index.html or
    http://www.coolproductz.com/cellsocket.htm or
    http://www.ctdi.com/cellsockets.htm or FAQs on
    http://www.stsent.com/_banners/cellsocket_faqs.htm). I imported an earlier
    model some time ago (for a Nokia 6310) which works well. When I arrive home
    I just put the phone on the base unit to charge, and calls come in through
    the PABX.

    There's also a selection of other similar devices on
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+GSM+Gateways

    Don

    DGB, Sep 2, 2006
  19. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    andy wrote:
    No, I'm only looking to use this type of device here in Spain. Whilst
    in the UK I'll be using a Tesco value SIM. Roaming is out of the
    question :)

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006
  20. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Cheers Don, I hadn't seen the Cellsocket , but will now have a look at
    that bunch of links.

    paul123, Sep 2, 2006