gripe: my Panasonic DMC-LZ2 point & shooter is totaled(want parts??) Camera accident stories ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ITSME.ULTIMATE, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. I've only had this for three months and I already FUBAR'ed. I dropped
    it 6' or so and the camera landed on a very hard surface, lens first
    with the lens extended.

    Lens assembly broke, mechanism gone, glass gone but LCD turns on fine.
    I took it apart and found pieces of plastic inside the lens barrel and
    with new price being around $200, I'm guessing this is a total loss.

    I want a nice DSLR but this is the very reason I'm reluctant to buy one
    :(

    You guys got any equipment damage stories?

    yep... its done :-\

    http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/553/rimg00496nc.jpg

    Anyways, I have the remaining parts. LCD&body and flash are on eBay. I
    have the logic board with battery holder and CCD assembly sitting around
    if you guys want anything from my poor DMC-LZ2, shoot me an email.

    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4172/panacamera4xt.jpg
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6149/panaflash1ah.jpg

    ITSME.ULTIMATE, Feb 13, 2006

  2. ITSME.ULTIMATE

    Bill Funk Guest

    Don't all DSLRs have neck straps?
    The *only* time I dropped a camera was one of the very few times I
    didn't have it on the strap. No surprise there!
    If I were afraid that I'd damage something just because I got it, I'd
    never buy anything!

    Bill Funk, Feb 13, 2006

  3. ITSME.ULTIMATE

    Crash Gordon Guest

    Look at it this way; this was your body telling you that your really NEED a
    new camera...go get one right away. Preferably one with a good strap.

    My buddy makes a non-slip camera strap that I can highly recommend
    (UPstrap).

    Crash Gordon, Feb 14, 2006