    then the light goes off and laptop power seems to cut out with a flash
    on the screen. Does anyone know if I can fix this problem? any help
    appreciated

    Thomas, May 20, 2005

  2. Thomas

    Rod Speed Guest

    Its most likely a dud battery. Not cheap to replace and
    it can be due to other things too so ideally you want to
    try a known good one first before buying a replacement.

    Rod Speed, May 20, 2005

  3. Thomas

    Wizard Guest

    My guess would be a failed power supply fan. Happens all the time.

    Wizard, May 20, 2005
  4. Thomas

    Rod Speed Guest

    With a laptop ?
    Not with a laptop.

    Rod Speed, May 20, 2005
  5. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    well the battery I was using was the original GRiD battery which would
    only hold it's charge for a half hour and that was even if I didn't use
    it, trying to power the laptop with it was pointless considering it
    would do the same thing as I described in my original message, but I
    tried using the laptop with no batter and the problem still persists

    Thomas, May 20, 2005
  6. Thomas

    Rod Speed Guest

    OK, then likely its a dry joint problem. Expensive to fix with a laptop.

    Rod Speed, May 21, 2005
  7. Thomas

    Rod Speed Guest

    Worth trying another power pack if you can without spending any money.
    Or just wriggling the cable from it at either end, the laptop end and the
    powerpack end. Could be just a faulty cable.

    Rod Speed, May 21, 2005
  8. Thomas

    Wizard Guest

    I stand by my statement, obviously you do go inside them much if you
    have never seen this!

    Wizard, May 21, 2005
  9. Thomas

    Wizard Guest

    Wizard, May 21, 2005
  10. Thomas

    Wizard Guest

    Wizard, May 21, 2005
  11. Thomas

    jollyrodgers Guest

    What hole is it coming from. THBBBBBBBBBBBBB

    jollyrodgers, May 22, 2005
  12. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    is there some way I could at least connect the HD from the laptop to a
    PC, I notice the IDE/ATA plug for the laptop is smaller than that of
    your typical PC

    Thomas, Sep 4, 2005
  13. Thomas

    Rod Speed Guest

    Rod Speed, Sep 4, 2005
  14. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    It's fixed!!, I turned down the contrast of the LCD display while it loaded
    and everything's okay, once it's on for a second I can turn the contrast
    back to normal.

    Thomas, Dec 18, 2005