    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    ArtKramr, May 16, 2004

  2. ArtKramr

    bagal Guest

    I agree entirely Art

    The finished product is more (IMHO) about aesthetics than techicalities.

    Quite a few people look at a Rembrant and highlight the type of brush,
    composition of brush and pigment minerals.

    Besides, logically if there was one great camera it would automatically
    there were no great photographs before the great camera came into existence

    Bcubed

    bagal, May 16, 2004

  3. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    Subject: Re: Great photographers.....
    I think that what matters is vision, imagination and creativity. The camera is
    the least of it all.

    Arthur Kramer

    ArtKramr, May 16, 2004
  4. ArtKramr

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, May 16, 2004
  5. ArtKramr

    bagal Guest

    ermm? moi?
    <innocent whistle>

    i'll get my coat?

    bagal, May 16, 2004
  6. ArtKramr

    MikeS Guest

    MikeS

    MikeS, May 16, 2004
  7. Great photographers will make great pictures regardless of the camera they
    use.

    Absolutely true. However, there still might be a right & wrong camera for a
    given person. The right camera is the one that has something about it that
    makes you want to take pictures. For some people, that might be anything
    with a lens and a shutter release. For others, it might be something small
    enough to carry in their pocket, or a long-enough lens to catch their kids
    competing at a track meet. Different people are motivated by different
    things.

    I didn't get much into taking photos until digital came out, and I was able
    to get reasonable images out of something that would fit into my jersey
    pocket while riding a bike. Before those requirements could be met, I
    didn't have a whole lot of interest in taking photos. And, if I didn't take
    a whole lot of photos, I'd never learn what works and what doesn't. Not
    that I'm a great photographer by *any* stretch of imagination, but I'm
    certainly taking better photos now than I did some years ago.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    Mike Jacoubowsky, May 16, 2004
  8. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    What you say is all too true. But I think back many years to when I was writing
    a regular monthly column for Modern Photography Magazine. At that t time a
    photographer no one had ever heard of named Duane Michaels broke into print
    with a wonderful pictures tory in Life magazine. He went on a trip to Russia
    and since he was a body- builder by hobby, he visited various Gyms and made a
    lot of shots. We had lunch one day and he told me he never wanted tro be a
    photographer. It just happened. Before he went to Russia he figured he ought to
    take a camera. Knowing nothing he bought an Argus CV-3 for $15.00 ( used) and
    one roll of film. After he left for to russia he started shootign his gym
    shots and the only film he could get was Russian film, most of which was
    outdated. He had no exposure meter so he used the guide directions on the
    filmbox. . The images were superb He had a talent that he never realised he
    had., The rest is history since Duane stands as one of the notable
    photojournalists of the 20th century. And all it took was talent, a good eye,
    a sense of the dramatic and an Argus C-3. I never forgot that. Cameras don't
    take pictures. photographers do.

    ArtKramr, May 16, 2004
  9. ArtKramr

    MikeS Guest

    Although I'm from the little ole UK ( using the translator from star trek) I
    roger that.

    I have been into photography for ten years now and it was not until I was
    give a 2800 Fuji 2mp camera did my photography improve. Much of it was due
    to the immediate feed back using the zoom to review shots etc. discarding
    bad shots, meant most shots where unable. Where I would use 5 rolls of film
    I how get away with a 1gb solid state memory chip with D70 when I can afford
    it I will get another. I have thought of going into a Internet Cafe (when
    abroad in say France or the USA) and burning pics to a CD's so freeing up
    memory, as I dont have lap-top.
    My suggestion to anyone wanting to learn how to take good photographs is to
    go digital, leave the dark room to the high street processors or use them to
    print from the cameras memory chip or CD, you don't even have to own a
    computer.
    MikeS

    MikeS, May 17, 2004
  10. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    Wish I had a digital camera in WW II. (sigh)

    ArtKramr, May 17, 2004