    (instead of overwrite) your freedays (up to a 365 days maximum) .. for
    example if you have 40 days left and you topup with 120 days you will
    then get 160 free days.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 21, 2006

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    paul123 Guest

    Cool. That IS an improvement. Until the next change ;=)

    I presume that will be the same on all Betamax sites?

    paul123, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh paul123:

    I'm hoping so.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 21, 2006
  4. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    wikedhumor Guest

    For the average numpty UK new-user
    is there really any difference between the Betamax sites
    apart from the odd dial rate charges shown by pages like
    http://www.voipproducts.eu/betamax/

    Wik

    wikedhumor, Aug 21, 2006
  5. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    paul123 Guest

    Well, yes and no.

    Yes if you're dialling the UK a lot. Voipbuster charge for UK landline
    calls, whereas most of the rest don't. I no longer use voipbuster - I'm
    on voipstunt.

    No, if you don't call the UK much or if you don't mind paying.

    At the end of the day (120 days), free is much cheaper than 1p, or
    cent, a minute.

    paul123, Aug 21, 2006
  6. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    wikedhumor Guest

    Thanks Paul. It would be a UK user calling UK numbers almost
    exclusively. I guess that would include some mobile and 08**.
    I noticed your earlier FreeCall post and email the info and url to a
    numpty friend. I know that they would use the telephone a lot more
    than they do if only it did not cost so much :) To them the word
    telephone and BT equate to the same thing. About the only distinction
    that they make is an awareness that some of the younger members of
    their family have these new fangled mobile telephone <LOL>

    I got them to Read through the T&C of FreeCall last night.
    Now they have signed up. I expect I will get a phone call this
    evening. Just have to convince them that they will not have to keep
    the calls to less than essential words and one call a month.

    Wik

    wikedhumor, Aug 22, 2006
  7. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    paul123 Guest

    Of course, anything that aint a landline number (08..., 07....etc)
    gets charged....., but they're still reasonable-ish rates. Happy
    calling ;)

    paul123, Aug 22, 2006