    Is there some other way to proceed?

    Thanks
    Mimmus

    Mimmus, Apr 30, 2007

  2. Mimmus

    Bod43 Guest

    You can use ANY ingerface on the router as a tunnel
    souce/destination.

    The reason that loopbacks are preferred in general is that
    with some network designs it is possible for the tunnel
    source/dest interface to go down and even though there
    is another path the tunnel will do down too. The loopbacks are
    always up.

    I do not have a perfect picture of you network I don't think,
    but if each router has only one outside interface
    and no other path then there will be no disadvantage in
    using the external interface to terminate the tunnel.

    Beware recursive routing.
    I ALWAYS put in static routing to the tunnel endpoints.

    Bod43, Apr 30, 2007

  3. Mimmus

    Mimmus Guest

    Exactly what I done!
    Tunnel is absolutely a Point-to-Point one and using the loopback interface
    caused some problems (see below...)
    Ok, I experimented this :-(
    I don't know exactly why but, using the loopback interface, I had some loop,
    peraphs due to another indirect link between tunnel endopoints advertised by
    OSPF. I was not able to filter it.

    Thanks again
    Mimmus

    Mimmus, Apr 30, 2007