Grandstream Sip phone - only 1 account per phone

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Boobie, Dec 25, 2004.

  1. Boobie

    Boobie Guest

    Hello,
    If I understand well with a GrandStream Sip phone, one of the
    most knows, supported and economic, I can use only 1 sip account
    per phone, so if the Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per
    account I cannot use 2 or 3 numbers with an account with only 1
    Sip phone Grandstream.

    Correct.

    Do you think that soon the Grandstream will do a new sip phone
    with this feature, I mean, more Sip accounts in one phone?

    Why they don't do this feature, I think that a lot of people need it
    I really don't understand....

    let me know if you know SIP phones that support multiple Sip
    accounts, in one phone.

    thank you!

    Boobie

    Boobie, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Boobie

    BlueRinse Guest

    Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
    I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
    multiple accounts. The best solution is to use your own asterisk
    installation, which would give you an unlimited number of accounts and
    phones. Or you can join "Freeworld Dialup" (FWD) which has peering
    agreements with a lot of operators like sipgate, IconnectHere etc. FWD is
    free and adds voicemail and other services. They also operate a paid
    service called Libretel and sell hardware at a fair price (for shipping
    within the US).

    BlueRinse, Dec 26, 2004

  3. Boobie

    Dave Guest

    But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter needed
    ?

    Dave

    Dave, Dec 26, 2004
  4. Boobie

    Kyler Laird Guest

    http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=322
    It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.
    Agreed...for some situations.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Dec 26, 2004
  5. Boobie

    Kyler Laird Guest

    Asterisk *is* an IAX(2) adapter. All of the standalone devices I use with
    Asterisk use SIP. It's handled well.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Dec 26, 2004
  6. Boobie

    Boobie Guest

    Never talked about the price. I will be happy to spend 160$ for a
    Grandstream
    where I can use 2 or 3 sip accounts per each.
    This mean that if somebody call a 212 or 312 or 425 area code will ring ..

    I have heard that SNOM do this, but I don't like the design of the phone,

    bye

    Boobie, Dec 26, 2004
  7. Boobie

    Boobie Guest

    thank you! is this a phone for 2 lines I read?
    this mean that I can use 2 sip accounts of iconnecthere and get
    2 area code working in the same time? So a 212 and a 312 ..
    correct?

    boobie

    Boobie, Dec 26, 2004
  8. Boobie

    BlueRinse Guest

    It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

    Pulver sells you a single phone for $65 plus shipping.
    As I said, there is always using someone else's asterisk, such as FWD.

    BlueRinse, Dec 26, 2004
  9. Boobie

    Dave Guest

    Ah thanks for clearing that up for me, I was thinking I need a 'IAXy'
    adapter for Asterisk - but I can use a SIP Grandsteam !. So I can sign up
    with a SIP provider and in the future sign up with a IAX provider and use
    Asterisk and the Grandsteam SIP adapter

    Dave...

    Dave, Dec 26, 2004
  10. Boobie

    Kyler Laird Guest

    That's how I read it. You can get "4 lines" also.

    I run everything through Asterisk so I have all sorts of "lines" coming
    to my phones. I'm not familiar with using multiple accounts on a single
    device and I don't have an SPA-841 but I've noticed some mention of
    multiple accounts in some Sipura text. (I have lots of other Sipura
    hardware. The SPA-2000 can easily handle different accounts for each
    line.)

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Dec 27, 2004
  11. Boobie

    Kyler Laird Guest

    Yeah, I wondered that too. I bought an IAXy. It worked amazingly poorly
    for me. Then I started buying Sipura (SIP) devices. Wow! Lots less
    expensive, *vastly* more features, and they're robust. They work
    beautifully with Asterisk.
    Yup, no problem. Go with someone like LiveVoIP and you can get either
    SIP or IAX straight from them. My guess is that you'll be perfectly happy
    using SIP though.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Dec 27, 2004