    one day work for them and that Grandstream as seriously taken to task
    over their deplorable product.
    CameraFish.

    CameraFish, Jun 8, 2006

  2. CameraFish

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [rant snipped]

    Strange, I know several people (one of whom works for a major VoIP
    provider) who use GXP2000's with no problems at all. Is it possible you've
    made a configuration error or two..?

    Personally, I prefer ATA's with FXS ports as I can plumb them into
    exchange line ports on my PBX but horses for courses.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 9, 2006

  3. CameraFish

    CameraFish Guest

    Hi Ivor,
    I think you missed the point by a mile.
    Regards,
    CameraFish

    CameraFish, Jun 9, 2006
  4. CameraFish

    C:\Marko Guest

    I have been using GXP 2000 for about one year and I'm very satisfied
    with it. It's best buy VoIP phone for sure

    Marko

    C:\Marko, Jun 9, 2006
  5. CameraFish

    Cap Guest

    CF,
    I know what you mean - SIP for the average joe isn't here yet, unless
    you go with one of the major carriers (Vonage, USA Datanet, AT&T,
    various CATV providers, etc.). Of course, you're locked into their
    limited endpoint offerings (typically an analog only IAD). I've been
    evaluating a few SIP phones, and *none* of them are PnP. The irony is
    that the buzz tells us otherwise; VoIP is the next big thing, it's
    platform independent, etc. (about 80% true; it depends on what
    hardware/software you happen to get). Maybe in another 5 years...

    Cap, Jun 9, 2006
  6. It can be plug and play if you have a decent service provider. For example,
    my first provider sent an SPA-1000 to me fully configured. You can't get
    much easier than plugging in a LAN cable and plugging in an analog phone.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jun 10, 2006
  7. CameraFish

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    So enlighten me. All I saw was a rant about a particular piece of
    equipment that, while I have no personal knowledge of it, has worked fine
    for several people I know who do use it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 10, 2006